Interior lights don't come on at night?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRANSMITTERGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I installed LED interior light kit in my overhead light console and back seat light, now they dont come on at night, when I open my door, or manually turn them on ,with the interior light switch by the headlight knob. What is going on? They do, come on, when I unlock my doors with the key fob but after that times out ,they go off. They work ok In the daylight though. Does anyone know?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Check your dash dimmer, is turned all the way to the left? That will turn the interior lights off when a door is open

OP
OP
TRANSMITTERGUY

TRANSMITTERGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yep, I milked all the controls, It seems the truck computer is asleep. I mean after I start it at night the lights are there. If I get out and lock It and come back 20 min later (still at night) they come on when I use the fob to unlock the door. They come on when I open the door all the time in the daylight. I thought It may have something to do with the light burn out sensor not seeing the LEDs, but I get no alert in my dash. I'm going to put my original interior incandescent bulbs back in to check operation.

Mrnkp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you figure anything out, I have the same problem!? Stumped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo