Interior Mods, Post em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Are those holes where the hooks are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From a post about those mats yes they are the mounting holes.. I'll see if I can find the thread here.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
From a post about those mats yes they are the mounting holes.. I'll see if I can find the thread here.

I never understood that. What is the point of a mat like that with holes ? That’s why I like my husky liners. Maybe people that don’t experience snow a lot or salt 6-7 months a year they don’t see that being a problem lol. But boots full of slush and salt equates to a lot of salt water in that area. I’m careful and even with my mats salt gets on the carpets but these would not work. They seem to cover more area but those holes make them useless IMO. Like putting in a boat plug then drilling holes in the bottom lol

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I never understood that. What is the point of a mat like that with holes ? That’s why I like my husky liners. Maybe people that don’t experience snow a lot or salt 6-7 months a year they don’t see that being a problem lol. But boots full of slush and salt equates to a lot of salt water in that area. I’m careful and even with my mats salt gets on the carpets but these would not work. They seem to cover more area but those holes make them useless IMO. Like putting in a boat plug then drilling holes in the bottom lol

I agree with you about the hole in the mats But I think I read they were holes and not pockets for the clips !. Us getting snow snow 4 to 5 months a year is not uncommon for me either :O FYI the vendor Oedro post alot on site. They answer fast

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Weathertechs have the holes and have not been an issue in the 2 winters my truck has been through.

I like the material of the Husky's better, but I like the fact that Weathertech makes a complete one piece mat for the front of a RAM with the jump seat (like mine)

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My Weathertechs have the holes and have not been an issue in the 2 winters my truck has been through.

I like the material of the Husky's better, but I like the fact that Weathertech makes a complete one piece mat for the front of a RAM with the jump seat (like mine)

I love the weather techs fit and thin lightweight design but ive had puddles of water on my mats and the holes would just be a funnel for salty water to go into. I find huskys thicker and not as fitting as weather techs. They have the enclosed sections where the clips are so I’m happy with them and the price is right. But they still lack too in some areas. I miss my Jeep sometimes lol. I ripped out the interior and put truck bed liner down [emoji41]. It was cold in winter, hot in summer and loud but I can clean my floors with a hose ha ha ha. My neighbours would trip right out lol. Look at me like a dog that hears a funny noise.

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you have 2013+ the holes are just where they are supposed to be, that's why Oedro doesn't list the mats for 2012 back, the holes aren't in the same place in the earlier trucks, but they still fit perfectly! I bought a small plug to fill the hole.

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
6 months later... any issues?
Nope, no issues. Still works great. Although, I did have a problem with the location I mounted the switch. Apparently it was staying on with the hood shut! I couldn't tell until I was under the truck in the dark. Otherwise it looked like it was off. I went on a week long trip and when I got back the battery was dead. So the solution I came up with was to use a dowel to lengthen the post to make better contact with the hood. It was about an 8th of an inch too short for the location I mounted it. I drilled a hole in a dowel and epoxied it to the top of the switch. No issues since and now it turns off like it should!

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
You can get them on Amazon.com. I got mine from AliExpress because Amazon.com was not shipping them to Canada at the time and Amazon.ca was going to cost me 6 times the price I paid.

https://www.amazon.com/Encell-Black-Handle-Cover-Protector/dp/B074QNZ1HY

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32825754250.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dtHaprX

Got them today. Look and fit pretty good. Only came with three. I think I will get another set so I can do the 2 back handles and then the two leftover I’ll put in my woman’s ram if she likes them

Murph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hardwire the Red LEDs to the factory footwell lights that way they come on when you open the door and fade off when closed. It’s simple to do with a wire snap splice.
So far:
Weathertech floor liners in front and back
Red under-seat lighting (plugged into rear 12v socket until I find a good way to hard wire)
Locking glove box latch
Firearm quickdraw setup (left-handed paddle holster attached to map pocket in center console)

Coming soon:
Red LED replacement map and dome lights (as soon as they arrive in the mail)
Red front seatbelts (as soon as i can find a reliable replacement)

c93ad41a6111b4bb169e1b288c083659.jpg
849bc13e062d9052da2848642a57f4a2.jpg
Driver side lights
623591c1cdc09c7bc32b288765478889.jpg
Passenger side lights
72f9760546d02ef4dddc4bc07e3a16ed.jpg
On/off switch/power supply for under seat lights
4700d32388625653be94b92189f12cee.jpg
Quickdraw setup for my Glock 17
c46a05fb9469fd323f2f3af8ec83aa6b.jpg
Locking glove box latch
64f888b72d43facf076120a0b42a7275.jpg

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hardwire the Red LEDs to the factory footwell lights that way they come on when you open the door and fade off when closed. It’s simple to do with a wire snap splice.
Thats a good idea, and I might go that route if i cant make it work how I want to. I prefer that the lights stay on constantly while the truck is running, which is why i still havent swapped the way they're installed yet lol.
I had a subwoofer installed in my last vehicle, and had under-seat lighting installed in the same places. In that car i wired the lights straight to the amp's speaker output with an inline fuse, so they would flash with the bass. It worked flawlessly, and i would definitely do it again in the Ram if I had any intention of putting a subwoofer in the truck. But alas, I need every bit of cargo storage I can with this truck, until i can get my hands on a trailer and install a toolbox in the bed.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk