Interior mood lighting around glove box question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
I'm sure some of you have noticed the mood lighting in the truck at night when the headlights are on. I've noticed something weird with mine that I need confirmation on.

The upper glove box has lighting in the upper right hand corner that shines down on my interior Laramie logo. What I've noticed also though is that the bottom left corner of the upper glove box allows the light from inside the glove box to shine out too. Is this normal or is my glove box not closing all the way or maybe it's warped.

Can anyone confirm this on theirs too?

Thank you.

OP
OP
AnthonyD1978

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Mine does this and I believe others have said the same. I believe it is normal

I just saw pictures of other and this does not appear to be normal. Others are having a similar issue.

No light should be bleeding out of the glove box and the upper light above the glove box should go across the entire glove box. Not just in the upper right hand corner like mine does.

This is how it should look.
https://www.ramforumz.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79129&d=1530193004

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this all Laramie or just longhorn? Mine don’t look like that.

jglass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a micro switch on the left side of the glove box. You’ll see it cut out a little different from the right, and it’s just over the edge with a rubber cap. The lid has a flat lip that contacts the switch to turn the interior light off.

I thought I was have a problem with the light, before I noticed the accent light across the top, and got to messing with it.