Interior redesign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TjCob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Hi all, new 1st gen owner as of today here looking for some advice on redoing the interior of my truck. The truck has been sitting for 5 or 6 years undriven by a buddy of my dads. I bought the truck earlier today and it needs a LOT of work. After I flush the fluids and get it running I’d like to tackle the interior, which is ruined because the weatherstripping went bad so there has been rain in the cab. Once I can move the truck to my house I want to rip out the entire interior;seats, carpeting, headliner, maybe even the dash. I want to get it all done in one fell swoop if possible(I have another vehicle to drive so time constraint isn’t an issue). Where do people get their new carpeting from? And if I wanted to change the seat out because it’s pretty worn, what would be the best choice to put back in it? I like the bench seat but I’ve considered buckets so I could try to fab up a center console for cup holders and storage and stuff, I’m open to anything. Where can I get a headliner for the truck? And does anyone know where to get and how to replace the weatherstripping on it so a new interior doesn’t get ruined right away? Also is the truck known to get warm in the cab/is is especially noisy when driving to the point that I may want to add sound deadening or insulation on the floor pan before putting carpet down? Thanks in advance to anybody that has advice.

Also is there anything else I’m overcooking interior-wise that I may want to replace down the road that I should just do while I’m into it? I’d like to hear what all you’ve added to your trucks to make it a nicer/more comfortable/ better ride.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Try to google weatherstripping for your truck or try LMC truck for it and the carpet. When I redone my interior on my 99 I had a local upholstery shop redo my headliner or you could just buy the materials and do it yourself.
If you go bucket seats you maybe able to swap out from newer trucks not sure tho.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
1st Welcome aboard ... & Is you new truck a gas or Diesel truck & what year model.
I've got & had both before .
BUT what I have now is a gas 1988 & a Diesel 1989 D250's.
i'M WORKING MORE ON MY 88. AS IT'S Licensed & TAG & INSURED .
So I found & bought a 1987 dodge Ram Charge for $300.00 as a parts car.
I've pulled dash pad ..Glove box door radio & Dash Cluster ...
& I've removed & installed the tilt steeling column from the ram charger into my D250
i'M REALLY Liking the tilt wheel .
... New will be removing the Bucket seats & putting them into the 88 D250. & It has a center console . Mine are both blue inside So no issues there.
..Since I'm a farmer I'm not very worried about new pretty carpet So I;m just staying with what carpet I have . But I believe LMC would be the place to buy it.
I've bought some door rubbers . But now I plan to got to LMC & BUY THE REST OF THE GASKETS & RUBBERS .

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
i'VE OWNED A 1992 & A 1989 Now diesel & I never felt either was too noisy inside.
But I believe you can buy LMC again carpet pads to help with the noise .
Keep posting what you do as I may want to do it to mine also .