Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Once I saw the name Lithia I knew you had been shafted, IMHO they are one worthless company...

aeromax4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi everyone, I just bought this used Ram 2019 Truck for $48K 5 months ago. It had 28K when I bought it. It now has 34K. Powered rear window. No sun roof.

I don't have a garage so I park outside. I noticed about 1 month ago that there are water stains around the interior in the back roof at the top around the speakers and phone mics. I did a lot of reading and some said it was the shark fin, others the back powered window, and some the third brake light.

I took the Truck into Lithia Dodge in Bend. They said they conducted a water test and the brake light did not leak. They said the powered back window did. Now they want to replace the entire thing $1,900 (parts, labor etc). I specifically asked them to check the fin, but they said it would not be that. The leaks are higher than the window line, so I don't understand how water travels upwards. That makes no sense to me. I still believe it is the fin or the break light, cause that is exactly where the water stains are. When I swipe my finger in between the frame and the interior fabric, just underneath the speakers at the exact point where they claim water comes in, it's completely dry. (See pic)

I will include these photos. I made them lighter in Photoshop, so the water stains will show clearer. They are not as intense as the brightened photos.

My questions: Why do you have to replace the entire window for $1,000? If it leaks, and the windows is not broken, cracked or warped, can they not replace the seal only?

I'm booked for fixing on April 6th, but I fear by then, with all our rain and snow, it will start to get really bad.

Anyone know, from these photos, what this could be? Is it the shark fin? I do go through a car wash.

Thank you!

View attachment 516429View attachment 516430View attachment 516431
I had the same issue with my 2020 Laramie. It was the 3rd brake light. Pull the light, replace the gasket and silicone the light to the gasket. It worked for me