Introducing Graphene Ceramic Coating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yesterday I poured 500 mils of apc in to my foam cannon and sprayed my truck. The foam was thick. I did this hoping to strip off any contamination adhering to the Graphene. The result is plenty of water spots. I placed a in-line water filter on the hose to soften the water. After rinsing, I used a leaf blower. This revealed standing water on the roof. I chased the water spots with Ceramic boost. Darkness fell and I halted. This morning my plan is to use a jeweling wax to remove the spots. With the weather changing, I cannot remove the coating.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yesterday I poured 500 mils of apc in to my foam cannon and sprayed my truck. The foam was thick. I did this hoping to strip off any contamination adhering to the Graphene. The result is plenty of water spots. I placed a in-line water filter on the hose to soften the water. After rinsing, I used a leaf blower. This revealed standing water on the roof. I chased the water spots with Ceramic boost. Darkness fell and I halted. This morning my plan is to use a jeweling wax to remove the spots. With the weather changing, I cannot remove the coating.

by remove the coating do you mean remove the ceramic coating? If so why?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
by remove the coating do you mean remove the ceramic coating? If so why?
Because the weather is changing, I need to leave the coating intact as possible. However I do not want the eye sore of water spots which is the reason for using the fine cut jeweling wax.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Because the weather is changing, I need to leave the coating intact as possible. However I do not want the eye sore of water spots which is the reason for using the fine cut jeweling wax.

@AdamsPolishes can confirm this but I think the APC is what caused your water spots. Ceramic coatings should only need mild ph neutral soaps. The APC might have been too harsh. did you immedialy dry it after washing or did you just let it drip dry?

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got a delivery from Adam’s today. Of course I have to get the new truck polished and ceramic coated. I’m using the Adam’s one step polish(which I’m really liking so far). Then I bought a bottle of the spray graphene ceramic coat. I decided to use that instead of the traditional method because I’m wanting the faster application. I’m fine with spending a few hours in a year to apply it again. This is a work in progress and will take me several days but here is a couple pics of the one step polish.

View attachment 223454
View attachment 223450
View attachment 223451
View attachment 223452
View attachment 223453

How are applying that polish? Hand or orbital?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@quietpeen your truck looks fantastic. Maybe @AdamsPolishes could weigh in on this. Would it be beneficial to use the traditional adams ceramic paint coating (1 layer) then adding the graphene as the second layer as they state it can be applied over ceramic. And then use the graphene detail spray as a sacrificial layer. In my mind that gives you the hardness of ceramic and the water behavior of graphene. I know that graphene is standard ceramic at its core but wondering if this combo would benefit in any way

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
I don't think I would have used APC to wash your coated truck with. As far as the water spots do you have any Brilliant Glaze? That should remove them.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
@quietpeen your truck looks fantastic. Maybe @AdamsPolishes could weigh in on this. Would it be beneficial to use the traditional adams ceramic paint coating (1 layer) then adding the graphene as the second layer as they state it can be applied over ceramic. And then use the graphene detail spray as a sacrificial layer. In my mind that gives you the hardness of ceramic and the water behavior of graphene. I know that graphene is standard ceramic at its core but wondering if this combo would benefit in any way
Thanks!!!!

That's too much work for me haha. I will be happy with what I did :drink_nl:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Gauging by the reflection and the size of your trash can I'm going to say you recently purchased a 65" TV
lol pretty good eye. that is the Styrofoam from a 55" tv but it wasn't a recent purchase. I Kept he box for about a year and finally started getting rid of it.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
lol pretty good eye. that is the Styrofoam from a 55" tv but it wasn't a recent purchase. I Kept he box for about a year and finally started getting rid of it.

Right on, Your trash cans must be shorter than my calculations LOL

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks!!!!

That's too much work for me haha. I will be happy with what I did :drink_nl:

I removed my old coating and re coated with graphene when it first came out. Then later found out i could have topped the ceramic coating i had that was only a year old LOL

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I removed my old coating and re coated with graphene when it first came out. Then later found out i could have topped the ceramic coating i had that was only a year old LOL
woops....well at least you know you got all the fine scratches out again

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Graphene on wheels and Truck 85E599A2-76CB-4DBA-B3C0-A1938400F423.jpegBD40C80B-E9B8-4081-A69A-51FB9CC1BCC5.jpeg