iPhone Connects/Disconnects Constantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyhiguy85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tried searching, but couldn't find much on this subject and wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue. I have a '20 Limited with the 12" screen and 22k miles. Recently I started having an issue where when I connect my iPhone it constantly connects for about a second, then disconnects when plugged into any of the USB ports under the screen. UConnect will never actually detect the phone and CarPlay never comes up since it only stays connected for a second or so. Not only will it not stay connected to UConnect, but the phone will constantly connect/disconnect from charging in the same manner. I've tried different cables (both the USB-A and USB-C types) thinking it had to be a bad cable, but no that has not helped. I just bought my wife a new phone and used the cable that came with it and still the same problem. I've also deleted all CarPlay entries in the iPhone as well as tried another iPhone...same results. Would like to know if anyone else has seen this and if so, were you able to resolve?

Ram 1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not certain if this applies at all to your situation, but: I purchased a Pixel 3a about 18 months ago and had the exact same problems. Tried different cables, but no luck with them until I purchased a good quality usb-c to usb-c cable (it was PD compliant, unlike the others). After that, the problem was resolved.

Granted, we're comparing apples to oranges (pun intended), but it could be something to try.

OP
OP
F

flyhiguy85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm not certain if this applies at all to your situation, but: I purchased a Pixel 3a about 18 months ago and had the exact same problems. Tried different cables, but no luck with them until I purchased a good quality usb-c to usb-c cable (it was PD compliant, unlike the others). After that, the problem was resolved.

Granted, we're comparing apples to oranges (pun intended), but it could be something to try.
Thank you. I have tried a few different cables and even a few different phones with the same result. A brand new Apple cable should work perfectly don't you think? :rolleyes: The crazy part is that it had been working fine for almost two years and then boom, all the sudden it started flaking out so that's when I tried different cables. I'm going to take it in on Thursday and see what they can find. Luckily I'm still under warranty so we'll see just how good the service is at my dealer.

Bondzai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While looking for help on another issue I came across this older thread.

I've found that my phone does what you are describing when the battery reaches full charge.