IRSmart build log, “Big Red”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
IRSmart

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Redid the east coast badges on the drivers side to follow the new fender line, and included the trails I did this winter. Went through the drive through today and the guy at the window looked at them and said “it looks like you have a hard time keeping this on the pavement!” I replied “that’s the point! Lol”

583B261A-EA02-40F4-97D4-670BBD1ACD5F.jpeg

UTAHPWRWGN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Might want to look into a set of these...get the stance just right.

3VpJA6T.jpg

YQnCjDt.jpg

How'd the tires balance for ya?

OP
OP
IRSmart

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Might want to look into a set of these...get the stance just right.

View attachment 464254

View attachment 464255

How'd the tires balance for ya?
I just ditched the spacers and had to redo all 32 wheel studs, I think I'm going to keep it as is for a bit lol

Edit: I missed your question. Four balanced very well. One did not, we threw that one on the back and I’ll use it as a spare. I never rotated my spare tire into the rotation before, I just kept it on the gate until I needed it. I only get a slight vibration at 70 mph which honestly could also be attributed to the new drive shaft. A lot has changed with the drivetrain so it’s hard to pinpoint where the new (small but noticeable) vibrations and things like that are coming from.
hey, Just head up. Lots of your links you have on Post 1 don't work.
It looks like Thuren changed their site around and my links are broken now. I can't go back and change a post that old, oh well.

Last edited:

Monster Machine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
View attachment 464100

It’s time, for the big reveal! Finally was able to pick the truck up tonight and I could not be happier with the results. I just love how this turned from me not wanting to spend $1,200 on a steering upgrade to spending well into the five digits. But after many months of anticipation, here she is! Big Red came out of surgery sporting:

-AEV High Mark fender flares
-AEV Katla 17x10 wheels
-ProComp Xtreme MT2 40x13.5x17 tires
-PSC hydro steering assist kit
-Yukon 5.13 gears

This thing is an absolute beast now. I actually have 6th gear back when driving. I feel literally no drag on the tires, it drives better than before and I thought that it drove perfect before this, worlds better than it did stock. This combination is as close to perfection as you’ll get. The gear selection was perfect, the tires are nice and cushy, and it looks completely ****. I don’t have the same photoshopping skills that @UTAHPWRWGN has, so I’ll have to work on getting better pics!

View attachment 464103
View attachment 464104
View attachment 464105
View attachment 464106
Oh and to those that have been playing along with the home game, the hydro steering was the component that I was teasing months ago. Once I ordered that, the shop owner (who is a close friend of mine) said “you know I’m going to want to cut your truck up and do flares and 40’s, right?” and that’s all she wrote.
What modifications were required to fit these 17x10 Katla wheels? I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a set.

motorbreath

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Redid the east coast badges on the drivers side to follow the new fender line, and included the trails I did this winter. Went through the drive through today and the guy at the window looked at them and said “it looks like you have a hard time keeping this on the pavement!” I replied “that’s the point! Lol”

View attachment 464198
I feel like I have to ask... what was the hardest trail of these?