Is 2008 just a weird year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone else has come across issues when trying to get parts. The first time I came across what seems to be theme with my truck was the first time I bought an oil filter to change the oil. 2008 1500 4.7 Flex will list 2 different size oil filters. Seems Dodge in it's infinite wisdom changed from standard to metric (or the other way around) mid production year. I'm getting ready to change out a water pump, and am seeing the same issue....2 different water pump designs, one site says model 1 will fit, the next site says it's not that one it's model 2. I'll know for certain when I pull the current one out, but I did want to get all my parts in a row before I start. I've tried searching parts by VIN and get the same discrepancy. ::sigh::

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I recall, 2008 was the first year of the "new" 4.7, the one with the dual plugs and putting out way more power than the previous one. I'm guessing some sites are mixing the two up? It's also possible that Dodge was till using the "old" 4.7 in some vehicles to make the confusion worse.

OP
OP
B

BluDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does have the dual plugs. It just seems that if you can search by VIN, that should take care of the problem. I guess I'll have to wait to buy parts until I start pulling things off to be sure.:confused:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Call up one of the parts suppliers or a dealer with your VIN, and you shouldn’t have any trouble pin-pointing the right parts. Almost 400k on my ‘08 4.7 6spd and no parts confusion to date