Is Anyone happy with their ‘19 Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I never would have imagined I'd have a vehicle with cooled seats. I get hot easily so this feature is great.

That is the one feature I wish I had. I would trade the heated wheel and heated seats for cooled seats in a second. I carry around my own heat :Big Laugh:

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had my 2019 for just over a year now with about 22,000 mile and I love it!

74A2AEA0-DC9E-4A87-8903-B4463CF6CEBA.jpeg

1EC9F547-A171-4AD9-A43E-25E88C33F09F.jpeg

huff2462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies...

Glenn54 how long have you had yours?

Huff2462 how bout you?
I've had mine just over a month now, so still new.

I've got about 2,000 miles on it (mostly city miles). And I've done a bit of (light) towing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JDB1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had my limited for about a month.The day i bought it the recall for the stereo/GPS came out and was done - no other issues for me. In fact I would say its like driving a Mercedes truck with all the options these things have. I opted for the 3.92 limited slip gears -good option, gas mileage still good and much better takeoff and pulling. Look at reviews most like this truck over any out there - I do. It seems they are long enough into building this new truck that a lot of the issues have been worked out -I'm sure others may pop up but until then I'll just keep driving and enjoying - based on current experience I would definitely recommend. hope this helps.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I currently have a ‘16 ram 2500 and really like this truck. I have had very few issues. I am thinking about getting a ‘19 Ram and have seen several posts about issues with the 19 model. Are their any 19 owners that are happy with their purchase?
Love our 2019 tradesman. 2 door no frills but has some options. Very early 2019 and no problems at all. Actually has 2018 front end. I guess a 19 in a 18 Ram body. LOL

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I currently have a ‘16 ram 2500 and really like this truck. I have had very few issues. I am thinking about getting a ‘19 Ram and have seen several posts about issues with the 19 model. Are their any 19 owners that are happy with their purchase?
I am very happy with my 2019 Laramie. No problems whatsoever. Just the computer update recall.

dearborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Geoman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my 19 Big Horn for 9 months with 4800 miles. Retired and don't drive a lot.
I've only had the screen issue mehgyver reported. Screen and functions didn't work when started. Restarted twice and went away.
Other than that, I love it. no issues and ticks all the checkboxes.
My previous truck is a 2002 Ford F150 xlt 4x4. Still have it for dirty jobs.
I've gotten as high as 25.5 on the highway, but average around 21.5 at 70.
16- 17 combined. My city driving is a lot of stop/go and I like the loud pedal a little too much.
i like this one every bit as much as I did my 2002 when it was new. I'll keep this one till one of us bites the dust.
George

dearborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got a new Longhorn 2 mths ago & aside from a wind noise passenger side & 1 recall re airbag software. I absolutely love it !
Takes a while to get use to the dial shift & weird stuff backing or moving a trailer around the yard ( without brake/light cable hooked ) All the sensors doing their job so you dont run into something. Looks great with 305’s on the 20” Rims. Oh yeah & the 12” display almost too much !

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
That is the one feature I wish I had. I would trade the heated wheel and heated seats for cooled seats in a second. I carry around my own heat :Big Laugh:

I almost posted that I agree with you that I would trade the heated seats and steering wheel for the cooled seats, but I am starting to realize my problem is actually that I have not gotten used to the fact that I have remote start and climate control (even after 7 months).

My wife gets on me all the time because I forget to start the truck until we are coming up on it - considering I have about a 30+ yard range with my remote, that is simply unforgivable to her. She desperately wanted what she describes as "the seats that blow cold air up your butt" but I seem to receive forgiveness as long as I start the truck far enough in advance.

As long as I remember to seek the better half's forgiveness, I guess I can do without the cooled seats.

kxlexus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am really pleased with my 2019 Longhorn. I was happy with my 2013 Laramie too but the 5th Gen trucks are a huge leap above the 4th Gens

UKreject

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'll add my 2 cents. 2019 Bighorn. Tow pkge and Level 2. Apart from the tow mirrors debacle, I am very happy. I love driving this truck. Zero problems. It is a great vehicle.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Despite some initial cosmetic assembly issues I'm very pleased and despite my fussy nature my dealer has fixed everything to my satisfaction. I sort of expected some hiccups since the Ram 1500 DTs are a totally new design and were being assembled in a new plant by new personnel. The body panel alignment is still not perfect, but it isn't giving me any problems and is not very noticeable. I've looked at recent builds and they are as perfect as any other vehicle I compare them to. Everything else is 100%.

I have now been in the latest issue F-150 and Silverado. They are actually much better than a few years ago, but my Ram is still smoother, quieter, more comfortable, and more pleasing overall.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 May 2018. Now at 017934 miles.

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YES.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I traded my 2015 Ram Laramie 1500 Crew cab for a new 2019 Laramie crew cab with the Sport Package and off road Package 4x4. I am very happy with my new Ram, it has the 12" screen with nav. and you can do all sorts of things with it. The off road package comes from the factory with a higher lift than the regular 1500 4x4's with 3.92 gears heavy duty shocks and suspension. It rides a little stiffer than the regular 4x4 but is very comfortable handles great and is much quieter inside than my 2015 was. I love the looks of the sport Package with the new sport hood and the front grill looks great. My truck is White tri coat pearl with the little flakes in the paint. I have put 13,678 on the truck since January with no issues at all and am getting ready for its third oil change. Went on a trip back in April pulling our 32' Rockwood Trailer with two slides to the Grand Canyon and numerous other places in Arizona,New Mexico and South Texas. This was a 3600 mile trip pulling the trailer with an over all mpg of 11.0. This trip included some mountain driving , flat and curved roads. Worst fuel mileage was 7.5 and best was 13.2 Only thing I don't like is the slow response of the accelerator when taking off and you get a hesitation feel. My 2015 had the same issue but I am going to install a Pedal Commander which I understand fixes this issue. I do love this truck and hope this helps you. By the way my everyday driving without a load gets me an average of 15.8, I have gotten as much as 19 on an interstate with cruse set on 73 mph.

seadog1272

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 ETorque
I really like this truck a lot, I traded in a 2014 1500 Laramie CC 4X4 which was an excellent truck.
This new truck is way more comfortable and gets 19 mpg compared to 15 mpg, hand calculated.
I have 8000 kms on it and have had zero problems. I pull a 6500 lb trailer with it and it pulls like the trailer isn't there.
Pulling the trailer I get 10 mpg, that is the same mpg I got with the 2014 Ram. The air suspension is exceptional for daily driving and pulling the trailer it is always level.

tbird71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I drove a loaded up Big Horn 4x4 Crew and was pretty impressed. Ride is much better, however I DID notice the A/C wasn't blowing real cold

I also drove a Big Horn Quad 4x4 with the etorque V-6 and it too had tepid A/C. They can keep the V6 I didn't like the old Pentastars and don't see much difference in the new etorque ones. Sure it'll "serve" my needs but it's the way it makes power and coming from a dead stop the HEMI is MUCH better. I'll pay the 14XX extra for a regular Hemi and eat the couple MPG. Ram isn't a ram w/o that hemi IMO

I DONT like the standard bench seat with fold down center. It sits WAY too high on my elbow. Dealer said just raise the seat up, yeah, right...I LIKE the seat in a lower height position. No, It's the console or I stay home

Right now I'm still deciding. I WANT COLD A/C not tepid, and time I feel is on my side with FCA. I can wait. And wife (who drives this every day says why traqde a low mi truck you bought new and know the history of off? That makes sense, even to me

macntatsch

Reaction score

I traded a ‘16 1500 Sport for a ‘19 2500 Longhorn for the extra payload. No complaints or issues in 1600 miles.