Is anyone shopping right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had been looking somewhat casually prior to the COVID-19 situation. Since dealers in my state just opened for online business I have been emailing a few looking at 2019 CC, 6.4L in the Big Horn trim. Ram is offering $3,500 cash allowance or 0% APR for 84 months but that's about all the dealer is coming off MSRP. Has anyone had any luck lately getting a good price? They also seem to be about 4-6k below blue book on my trade in...

I bought my current one used, maybe this is the normal buying experience for new trucks?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
^^^Agreed^^^

Shop your own loan first, do the prequal thing if you find a good rate and find out what the dealer can do on all incentives on a particular truck.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Rumor has it, if you take the 0% for 84, you loose some incentives, may be easier to take all the discounts, and get local financing for low rates.

100% accurate - 0% OR rebates, but not 0% AND rebates.

I compared both ways and decided to go with the rebates and pay a few percentage points for the loan.

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And that 0% is not that easy to get. I know 2 people with impeccable credit and they couldn't get it. They went elsewhere for a loan an came back an bought their vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
And that 0% is not that easy to get. I know 2 people with impeccable credit and they couldn't get it. They went elsewhere for a loan an came back an bought their vehicle.

I heard you have to be a 720+, so if they had that at least, they should be easily be able too, unless they tightened the rules....which I could see..marketing the 0% for 84...to lure in buyers.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque

Ford was offering 0% for 72 for "less than perfect credit" and of course they were as their dealers and dealer networks are jacking the prices up sky high and selling people on the zero percent.

I've got impeccable vehicle credit and qualified for 0% which the dealer pushed hard but the price of the vehicle was at or near MSRP which wouldn't fly as I was beating up multiple dealers. I was squeezing dealers for $500 on my trade and walked out a few times for dealer added crap I didn't want.

In the end, I got the deal I wanted, the PRICE I wanted and the financing I wanted and left them with their zero percent.

OP
OP
B

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it sounds like I am getting the normal treatment. I can confirm you lose the rebates if you take the 0% financing. I went back to the dealer asking for the price if I brought my own financing...waiting to see what he says. I am also exploring private sale of my current truck.

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had been looking somewhat casually prior to the COVID-19 situation. Since dealers in my state just opened for online business I have been emailing a few looking at 2019 CC, 6.4L in the Big Horn trim. Ram is offering $3,500 cash allowance or 0% APR for 84 months but that's about all the dealer is coming off MSRP. Has anyone had any luck lately getting a good price? They also seem to be about 4-6k below blue book on my trade in...

I bought my current one used, maybe this is the normal buying experience for new trucks?

Not sure where you are from but I just bought our 2020 2500 Laramie 6.4 2 weeks ago at a larger dealership. List price was a little over 65,000. They took off the MSRP a little over 6,000. And then we went from their.. I got them to come down another 1,000 from what they said they would trade for. We paid cash the same day and did not use any credit company. So the offering that Ram had is still figured into the price plus whatever the dealer wants to discount I believe>>>>>>We traded in a 2017 1500 Rebel with a little over 52,000 miles on it>>>>

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It depends on individual dealers. I have spoken to a couple out of state that claim to offer the financing plus incentives. But so far it seems dealers are not the least bit motivated in my area to make sales. I got pre-qualified and I'm bringing in a fairly low mileage trade. I've gotten a few tell me to come back after May when things reopen, some pushing higher trims and claiming the vehicle on their website now has a deposit since I'm not interested in the higher trim. And trying to rip me off on the trade. You would think they would want the 2019's off their lots with 2020s starting to fill in and 2021s around the corner. Guess we will see what the Memorial day sales offer.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I heard you have to be a 720+, so if they had that at least, they should be easily be able too, unless they tightened the rules....which I could see..marketing the 0% for 84...to lure in buyers.
I think fca finance is full of crap...I have 800+ at all 3 of the credit beareaus and the best they would give me was 5% back in 2017.

But 0% gets people excited so they offer it like it exists.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MrR2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've been casually shopping, but I am getting beat up on my trade. 2011 Ram 2500 BigHorn CCSB with 63,800 miles. I've been told the truck is to old to be on the lot..

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I think fca finance is full of crap...I have 800+ at all 3 of the credit beareaus and the best they would give me was 5% back in 2017.

But 0% gets people excited so they offer it like it exists.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
its geeat, if it works. I haven't looked so no clue myself.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been shopping for a Bugatti Veyron, 1 dealer wants 1,200,000.00 for a Red one with black interior , another wants 1,210,000.00 for a Black with red interior. I'm undecided.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

Too early to shop ... dealers don't know what the mfg will be doing and they don't know how bad it will be.

Check out Dennis Dillon in Idaho? to get an idea of good prices. I know people that flew in there to buy a truck.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just did a quick loan calc and at 3% (good CU rate?) and financing 50K for 84 months you'll pay $5500 in interest. So, it makes sense that along with giving up the $3500 rebate the dealer is trying to overcharge by a couple thousand (or low ball on your trade, etc.).

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah Im not sure what the %-ages are at right now. Back when FCA was "doing me a favor" with 5, IIRC a new car loan was 2.0 at my local CU, and if I wanted to refi a car loan it would have been 2.2.

FWIW its not just FCA doing it....brother in law looking for a Kia Sorento and its X or Y, but not X+Y.

Im amazed at how few deals seem to really be out there....I suppose maybe you could use automakers as a gauge to the pandemic - they havent really resorted to actual monetary deals. I mean I got almost 30% off MSRP on my brand new BigHorn back in 2017, during no particular/special time of the year. That seems to be about the norm right now, so maybe all they've done is fool buyers into thinking everything is a deal.

OP
OP
B

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been casually shopping, but I am getting beat up on my trade. 2011 Ram 2500 BigHorn CCSB with 63,800 miles. I've been told the truck is to old to be on the lot..
Likewise, I guess they don't know when auctions are going to be opening up so theycould be stuck with them for a while?

OP
OP
B

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too early to shop ... dealers don't know what the mfg will be doing and they don't know how bad it will be.

Check out Dennis Dillon in Idaho? to get an idea of good prices. I know people that flew in there to buy a truck.

I do look there a lot, mostly just for entertainment, it also makes it difficult to when they have 8 6.4 trucks and 41 diesels. Maybe I was just being unrealistic with what I was hoping to pay for the options I wanted to have.

crazy4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 gasser
Just bought a 2019 2500 on Saturday. Sticker for 67375 and paid 55000. Had killer rebates that ended on April 30 but were extended till May 4th. Pretty happy with that deal. Of course took it in the keister for my trade but that always happens unless you sell privately but there is the tax advantages of a trade. Very impressed so far. All 1 day. By the way the infotainment screen in this thing is huuuge. 950 watt stereo with 17 speakers is a close second.

IMG-6387.jpg
IMG-6390.jpg
IMG-6399.jpg

Last edited: