Is anyone shopping right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I saw it tonight at the dealership. It's still in the wrapper. Picking it up tomorrow. One day under 7 full weeks from when I ordered. Not a bad turn around given the current state of affairs.

Atomic Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine was ordered on May 12. Been in D1 for about 4 weeks. This week, Ram chat did say that it is scheduled to enter the build this week. We'll see....

Atomic Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Been checking the build sheet service app every week since I got my VIN. It finally returned the information today. I believe that means it has been built and ready to ship. My window sticker isn't available yet, but was told that usually comes 1-2 days later.

:)

docsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 CTD
My VIN doesn't return any information yet. The Chat agent did say all parts have been gathered, but it hasn't started being built yet. Should be soon.

Atomic Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My VIN doesn't return any information yet. The Chat agent did say all parts have been gathered, but it hasn't started being built yet. Should be soon.

Once my VIN populated the build app, my truck went from D1 to shipped in 4 days. Now I am just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer with an ETA window somewhere between July 6 and July 20.

Atomic Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Finally got it home. Really like it so far, although I fired it up today and it has that startup/idle squeak/squeal that I have read so much about from the 6.4. I was hoping that I wouldn't have it - it didn't make any noise when I went and picked it up from the dealer. Oh well.

ghost1.jpg

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had been looking somewhat casually prior to the COVID-19 situation. Since dealers in my state just opened for online business I have been emailing a few looking at 2019 CC, 6.4L in the Big Horn trim. Ram is offering $3,500 cash allowance or 0% APR for 84 months but that's about all the dealer is coming off MSRP. Has anyone had any luck lately getting a good price? They also seem to be about 4-6k below blue book on my trade in...

I bought my current one used, maybe this is the normal buying experience for new trucks?

In my money conscious world, 84 months of financing means one can't afford the truck! 48 should be the longest term.... just my $.02 worth! BTW, never trade in.... you WILL get hosed! Sell it yourself!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it sounds like I am getting the normal treatment. I can confirm you lose the rebates if you take the 0% financing. I went back to the dealer asking for the price if I brought my own financing...waiting to see what he says. I am also exploring private sale of my current truck.

You go get your financing BEFORE going to the dealer..... and you keep your mouth shut til you are in the finance office and have hammered the final deal on price! Then you drop the bomb! "I have my own financing!". Watch the finance dude's face get all purple as it swells out of proportion.

You've screwed the pooch with these guys.... go elsewhere for your best price with financing already done .... and DO NOT TELL them until you are done out front and done in the finance office!

docsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 CTD
Dealer thinks mine will be here next week. Arriving in the state today via train.
Congrats on getting yours AtomicRam!

Phillip Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins HO
If the dealer/manufacture is offering significant discounts vs the 0 interest. Do a loan calculation and see what has the least cost. Ford for instance offered approximately 13K off or 0 interest on the F150. Turns out the cost of a loan was $2500 over six years.......so taking the incentives results in over 10k in savings.

Keep in mind if you taken the 0 percent, you truck is worth the 13K less soon as its titled. That is in addition to the normal depreciation.