Is the Diesel Grey Vinyl option the same as the Leather option? Have cloth front and vinyl rears and want to match one or the other. Also SSV Trim?s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountChocula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I guess the 15 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7 I just bought was actually an SSV (Police) spec.

Does anyone else know what trim that's closest too? Tradesman? Express? Outdoorsman? Or were they all different.
Has the small AM/FM Radio no bluetooth no camera no remote start vinyl floors no fog lights, no dual a/c
Has: power drivers seat, ram box, trifold cover, bed extender

Just trying to figure out it's approximate value.

So it has the Diesel Gray Vinyl bench in the back and the Diesel Grey CLOTH seats in the front (like the Big Horn)
Was that vinyl the same as the "leather" options on the lower trim levels or is the vinyl a step down from the leather?

I'd like to match them to the same so either recover the fronts to a grey vinyl or a matching grey leather Clazzio or Katskin type since the front driver cover is a bit worn but would consider changing to the same grey vinyl just so they match.

Of possibly just redo all of them. Seems like there are some inexpensive leather re-upholster types on ebay for around 240.
Am wondering if I have the skills to install those DIY though.

Thanks for any input!

The

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Vinyl IMO is lower now then cloth is. I would guess like a work truck would be what it is. I had a SSP Mustang Coupe and it was base 4 cylinder cloth although it was a 5.0 car. No options except power locks.

OP
OP
CountChocula

CountChocula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks. Yeah that makes sense. The vinyl just looks very similar to the leather would have I guess.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would say recover them all katskin if it were me.