Is There a Body Style Change Coming For the Ram HD in 2024? Anyone Have Any Info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I am considering purchasing a new Ram 3500 and it'd be nice to know if there is anything in the pipeline about any body style makeovers for 2024. Next year will be 5 years since changes. Anyone here have any news of anything?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You better hurry up and buy one now, the Auto industry is in horrible shape right now with dealers getting MSRP'S and dealer mark ups of thousands of dollars, allot of the population is hanging on their cars and trucks because of interest rates on the rise and difficulties getting loans, and goood old Inflation from our Woke Government!!!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, the new 1500 was released in 2019, the 5th gen HD followed later. Since the new EV version has been released using the current gen as a basis, I would say they could be expected to get another 3-5 years out of the current gen framework but maybe with some styling tweaks. But HDs redesign generally fall after 1500, so whenever it comes you will have a year's notice to know when a new HD model is coming. Just my 2 cents.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Don't expect anything major over the next 6-7 years. Only minor cosmetic uplifts. CDJR tend to keep generations for 8-10 years with minor changes over that time. Just look at 4th gen 1500's went from 09-18 and they're still making them. Wranglers go 10 years per generation.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Don't expect anything major over the next 6-7 years. Only minor cosmetic uplifts. CDJR tend to keep generations for 8-10 years with minor changes over that time. Just look at 4th gen 1500's went from 09-18 and they're still making them. Wranglers go 10 years per generation.
Seems to be the case. Thank you! Looks like I may be getting a new '23 HD.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There could still be some rather major updates without going to a completely new platform. GM Silverado/Sierra HD is an example of this. Drastic interior redesign, new electronics, new transmission on gas trucks and more power and torque for Duramax. Seems to me the 10 speed transmission alone will be a huge upgrade for the gas 6.6L. As with Ram, the 1500's got the interior update first.

For better or worse, the hurricane engine rumors old come true, with the new PowerPoint inserted into the old platform. Nissan did this with the Frontier where the last year of the old truck had the engine and transmission planned for the whole new truck that came out the following year.

Just saying that a lot can change without a change in the "body style".

RamGuy110

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've heard new powertrains and the new true 5th gen style cab, but same interior layout and no more mega cabs. Same layout and size as the 1500s, but who knows who is right.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I've heard new powertrains and the new true 5th gen style cab, but same interior layout and no more mega cabs. Same layout and size as the 1500s, but who knows who is right.
New power trains? You mean a new transmission for the Heavy Duties? Surely not a new engine, over Cummins.

RamGuy110

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes, new transmission. Still a Cummins.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
New power trains? You mean a new transmission for the Heavy Duties? Surely not a new engine, over Cummins.

At some point the high output 3.0 TT-I6 would be replacing the 6.4 Hemi. They're already replacing the 5.7 and 6.4 in Jeep products with these engines.

Personally, if they put that 510 HP / 500 ft/lb I6 in a 2500 I'll be first in line to buy one. I just don't see it happening for a few more years at least. Pretty sure they want to get some miles on those engines in other platforms before sticking them in trucks.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
At some point the high output 3.0 TT-I6 would be replacing the 6.4 Hemi. They're already replacing the 5.7 and 6.4 in Jeep products with these engines.

Personally, if they put that 510 HP / 500 ft/lb I6 in a 2500 I'll be first in line to buy one. I just don't see it happening for a few more years at least. Pretty sure they want to get some miles on those engines in other platforms before sticking them in trucks.
Quite revolutionary.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I have read that GM is not moving forward with the smaller turbo engine for their trucks, maybe Ram will see the light.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yes, new transmission. Still a Cummins.
I wouldn't hold your breath on this. I waited & waited & waited a little more, until the price hikes got so bad I pulled the trigger. I kept hearing the HD's were getting a new 8, 9, or 10 speed transmission so I held out. Unfortunately that hold out cost me about 5k extra than if I would have just bought one when I wanted. I personally think between covid & the new EV phase, most of these companies are not going to make big changes right now to their fuel running vehicles. They seem to be pouring their heart & soul into the EV market.

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Making room for the huge batteries needed for EVs???

Harizon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am considering purchasing a new Ram 3500 and it'd be nice to know if there is anything in the pipeline about any body style makeovers for 2024. Next year will be 5 years since changes. Anyone here have any news of anything?
Well, from what I’ve gathered (take this with a grain of salt), this is what is most likely to happen:

-Ram HD will get true 5th Gen cab and bed to match the 1500s. Interior and front end will probably stay the same, except for the new seats and the pano sunroof. I would argue that the Regular Cab is more likely to go away than the Mega Cab, and we might actually get to see the return of the Quad Cab.

-With the redesigned bed, they will integrate the RamBox into it, and as a result the RamBox will hopefully make its overdue return to the 1500s with the 6’4” bed. Due to the way the RamBox was designed on the Ram REV concept, it’s also entirely possible we might finally get RamBoxes on the 3500 DRW. The Multi-Function tailgate will also hopefully make its appearance. Who knows, we might even get to see an updated version with a step that folds from the license plate cutout in the rear bumper (both Ford and Ram have patents for something similar to this).

-The new transmission for the Cummins diesel will almost certainly be the ZF
Powerline 8-speed. The rumors of the 9-speed Allison are extremely unlikely, although I wouldn’t be disappointed since it’s a true Allison, unlike the 10-speed in GM’s HD trucks. Although the Powerline’s currently rated at only 1,000 lb-ft of torque, I’m willing to bet they’d beef it up for the HO Cummins. But since there would no longer be a physical linkage between the gear shift and transmission, the column shifter would almost certainly be replaced with the dial, which is already in the Heavy Duty Rams with the Hemi.

-Hopefully, in order to keep up with Ford’s new Super Duty, they’ll upgrade the stats on the diesels. The current High Output puts out 420 HP and 1,075 lb-ft of torque. Hopefully these numbers can be achieved with the Standard Output, while the new High Output would make about 450-475 HP and 1,250-1,300 lb-ft of torque. The new High Output diesel would be able to tow up to 42,069 pounds (c’mon, I had to make that joke )

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I decided to let that 2023 I was ordering go. Heck, my '19 3500 dually only has less than 17k miles on it and miraculously, it still has a new car smell. I now am updating it with matching rubber Mopar front mud flaps, a heavy, thick Dee Zee rubber bed liner and a Pace Edwards Full-Metal Jackrabbit retractable Tonneau cover. The finishing touch is a stainless steel Mopar chrome exhaust tip. I had already put 6 new Bridgestone Duravis tires on it, and added an extended Mopar Factory Warranty out to Jan 2026, and 75,000 miles. What more could one want?

And I was going to get a Flame Red Longhorn. My vain reaching and grasping for youth almost did me wrong. Whew!
:oops:

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, from what I’ve gathered (take this with a grain of salt), this is what is most likely to happen:

-Ram HD will get true 5th Gen cab and bed to match the 1500s. Interior and front end will probably stay the same, except for the new seats and the pano sunroof. I would argue that the Regular Cab is more likely to go away than the Mega Cab, and we might actually get to see the return of the Quad Cab.
Did you hear some rumors about a cab update, or just what you're thinking might happen?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
HD Ram mirror change

2024-RAM-HD-1024x638.jpg

2024-RAM-HD-side.jpg

So no big changes

At my corner 7/11, i saw a version of this
The bed did not have anything but tonneau cover on it & there was different fenders on it

ufacturing-juggernaut-ram-1500-trx-6x6_100848084_h.jpg