Is There a Cabin Air Filter on 3rd Gens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I apologize if this topic has come up already, but is there a cabin air filter on a 2008 Ram 1500 5.7? I have searched quite a bit, and get conflicting answers. Thanks.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys, I apologize if this topic has come up already, but is there a cabin air filter on a 2008 Ram 1500 5.7? I have searched quite a bit, and get conflicting answers. Thanks.
The 2008 RAM 1500 does not have a factory installed cabin air filter as there is not a location within the HVAC housing to install one.

OP
OP
christoff

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problem man. Are you having trouble with the smell inside the can of the truck?

Or were you just curious for maintenance purposes?

Luckily there is no smell, I was just curious for maintenance purposes. After 12 years I thought I’d check on it haha.

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
I would recommend using that kit. I have a tree that drops just the correct size of debris to get into the HVAC system, and that filter kit keeps them out.

If you peel off the temporary cover on the passenger side access panel, you could also cut some uni foam and rubber band it around the fresh air intake as a second barrier.

OP
OP
christoff

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would recommend using that kit. I have a tree that drops just the correct size of debris to get into the HVAC system, and that filter kit keeps them out.

If you peel off the temporary cover on the passenger side access panel, you could also cut some uni foam and rubber band it around the fresh air intake as a second barrier.

That’s a great idea. It’s good to know I have some options. I will look into this. Thanks.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anybody use this and have pictures they can post here? Pics on Geno's site are not very good.
I haven't seen anyone who has actually installed it, but considering they geared the kit towards diesel owners, you might try the Cummins forum or Diesel Ram.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have one on my truck ,it seems to do a good job, keeps all the debris out and prefilters cabin air. No pics yet I will try later today, if weather permits. Hope this is some help.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Here's a picture of them installed on my truck.
How do you like it? It always looked to me like the filter element was very much open to the elements, is it?

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
The filters are more like plastic steel wool type material. They aren't particularly absorbent.