Is There a Dependable Service Dept in N. Calif?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramdon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having the worse luck having my Ram serviced. I originally took it where I bought it for a rear window water leak and, not only did they not fix it, but they got mud on the carpet and grease prints on both the headliner and the back of the driver's seat. Unfortunately, the dealership that was a family owned dealership sold to a mega-dealer that doesn't seem to care; I tried writing a polite letter but got nothing from them. Then, after receiving a recall notice, I tried my local dealership and the service was even worse. They ended up soaking my truck and then leaving it in the hot sun to bake in the water spots.

I thought I had solved my problems after finding a neighbor who worked at a dealership that was reasonably close by; he had both the water leak and the recall resolved and my truck was cared for. But that dealership has now gone out of business--apparent legal matters--and my neighbor is unemployed.

I've gone so far as to write FCA US LLC, but that was seemingly futile, since I've heard nothing. I have another recall notice now and I'm stuck! I'm ignoring it for now because it seems that nobody cares. The sad thing is, I was a Chevy loyalist for four decades and a third generation Chevy man. I switched to Ram because of the ride and WAS completely satisfied with my truck--regretting that I hadn't switiched sooner. But now I'm questioning my decision.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Good luck, I think they key may be to go further away from big cities to smaller dealerships where good mechanics can actually make a living and live nearby. Research their reviews.

I've had bad experience with both dealers near sf and Burlingame

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
No lithia dented my hood and left oil prints all over the interior and wheel and evic screen, this is lithia in santa Rosa

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Normandin Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat in San Jose did a good job for me. Appoints must be made 2 weeks in advance,

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They did my exhaust leak in 2016 and in
2017 brake fluid and oil change.