is there a fix for the dashboard flickering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truwrxtacy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys,

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 limited, 105k miles and the dashboard is flickering. It only does it when its on max power (at this moment), when I dim it then it goes away, although it has flickered when its been dimmed before. I have read multiple threads about how people have attempted to fix this issue.

- I have pushed all the fuses in to make sure its seated properly in the fuse box
- I have replaced the 4 fuse that is suppose to connect to the dash
- I have asked the dealer for a software update ( the dealer said there was no such thing for the dash)

Has there been an actual fix for this? I cant seem to find the answer. Any info would be helpful.

Thank you

MrTinkertrain

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Out of curiosity, have you tried turning your steering wheel while it’s flickering? I have a 16 sport and I can get my lights to momentarily quit flickering if I turn the wheel from left to right and back (while parked). I’m thinking clock spring?

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
So this is interesting, yours is flickering on the high setting. Mine only flickers on the lowest setting...
I have a 2013 Sport it has done this for a long time now... Oct 29, 2015, 29,837.1 miles, was apparently the day that got me mad enough to finally video it happening. The only fix I have found is temporary and it just adjusting the dimmer switch up a bit. Maybe down a bit in your case. With that said, I set it to the lowest setting most of the time (unless it acting up) The flickering seems to be random but when it's in a mood and does it, it will do it for a few days, if on the lowest setting. I will keep it just bright enough to not flicker until I adjust the dimmer for something and then have it back down low until it does it again. There does not seem to be any set pattern to it working or not working...

My truck has about 116,500 on it now.

Random electric gremlins have been my only complaint with the truck. None are huge but all together add up and considering what we are paying nowadays, the reliability of the infotainment systems seems to be a secondary thought. When it came time to buy a vehicle for my son I still searched out a RAM and found a 2011. There is one issue in the Uconnect system that even thou the 2011 and my 2013 are very different systems. I have a random text message that likes to keep repeating itself every time a new message comes into the 2011. It's only every now and then in the 2013. With that said, I was looking at the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit for my mother and a big concern was the infotainment system. She ended up with a Buick Enclave because it work best for her.