Is there a way to Fix this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM_CSD_2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L 395 HP
I just bought a 2020 RAM 1500 DT Limited... I do like the truck, but am having issues with the Infotainment system, particularly UConnect and the HotSpot Connection. You see, my truck originated in Canada, and I'm in the US(CT). UConnect doesn't work because it's a Canadian version and everytime the VIN number is mentioned, I'm told, "Oh, you have a Canadian vehicle, Good luck with that".
I've contacted RAM Canadian and US Customer Support and they've transferred my VIN number out of Canada and into the North American Market, but I'd like to know how I can get the UConnect system updated or reloaded for North America so that it will work in the US. The VIN number also seems to prevent me from getting any data plan to set up my HotSpot and I need to know how to fix that. Could it be that I need to have the SIM replaced?
I do like the truck a lot... I've always had a RAM, but I'd like it so much better if these issues were resolved. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get the UConnect up and running for North America and how I can get the HotSpot up and running as well? Thanks.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Made for use in Canada Ram Infotainment Systems, ( radios ) , are missing parts that make the Made for U.S.A. Ram Infotainment Systems communicate.

I drove up into Canada a few times, once i was north of the Canadian Border a ways, i could not use the Ram's phone to call anyone in Canada, at that time my Ram phone worked through the Sprint phone system.
Now the current Rams use the AT&T phone system

I am not sure, but the Ram's Uconnect some how works through an AIR Card, the Air Card is a Phone Modem, it has its own phone number, that is attached to your Rams V.I.N.

If i had the same issue, i would purchase a 2020 or NEWER Made for USA Infotainment System & register it to your VIN.
Then sell the Canadian system