Is there any way to bypass or turn off the SRS side seat airbag light on the dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know this is a really stupid question, but my truck has SRS side seat airbags and they are base model cloth. I found a set of really nice and cheap black vinyl leather that match my truck perfectly and they are about $1000 cheaper then anywhere else ive seen them for sale.

The seats match mine almost perfectly. Manual, same design, color matches my interior. The only issue is they don't have SRS air bags and I know that when i install them I will get the airbag srs light on my dash and I can't live with that being on 24/7 and it will fail inspection.

Seeing as the side seat air bags are a factory addon option and many models came without them, there must be some way to disable the sensor or whatever to stop the system from trying to detect them.

Does anyone know any way to do this?

And before anyone starts with the "this is so dangerous and stupid you can kill yourself by doing this" my answer to you is, many Rams don't come eith side seat SRS air bags and those owners/drivers seem to be ok. So it shouldn't be a problem aslong as all the other airbags still work and function properly.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely can be turned off through the computer. Just gotta take it to someone who has one of those very expensive computers and is willing to turn it off for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Definitely can be turned off through the computer. Just gotta take it to someone who has one of those very expensive computers and is willing to turn it off for you

Damn, really? What kind of computer/machine is it so I can ask if they have it.

I had no idea it was possible. Now I'm super excited because I'm really really wanted this interior. It's so nice and mint.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, really? What kind of computer/machine is it so I can ask if they have it.

I had no idea it was possible. Now I'm super excited because I'm really really wanted this interior. It's so nice and mint.

Yikes, I don't know what it's called. Any local ram dealership that has a shop/service center will have one and probably a mopar guy is gunna be your best bet to even know how.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yikes, I don't know what it's called. Any local ram dealership that has a shop/service center will have one and probably a mopar guy is gunna be your best bet to even know how.

Ok. Maybe I can ask a tech if i throw him $50-$60 on the side if he could do it real quick. My truck is at the dealer right now so when I go to pick it up maybe I could ask the mechanic. Hopefully i get a cool younger dude who understands what I want done and realizes its not really a big deal or a saftey issue.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Is this the tool you were thinking of?

http://www.diagnostic-world.com/pag...Oil_Service_etc__194302-z=583340&p=121458.cfm

Because I can't tell if that's just to diagnose and clear the light (which would come back on right away) or if you can actually disable it completely with this tool.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hmmm look what I just found.

DODGE Compatible SRS Airbag Simulator - Resistor - Bypass Kit - EMULATOR TOOL
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221822771418

Do you guys think this is an ok solution or would this be a bad idea to use to fix my problem?

I've seen on other car forums for other makes and models when people put in aftermarket race seats they would hook up resistors to the seat srs wires to turn off the light. I'm guessing this is the same thing.

Simpsj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did this work for you?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member