Is this a good option/price for 6.4 lift BDS w/fox shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need? No, but it is highly recommended, especially with your truck not being a power wagon (they have a longer track bar).

Your axle will be off center quite a bit. Not to mention, any slight wear will not be exaggerated by the added lift.

You can run it without it for a bit and see if you have any issues. I would just add it right off the bat, though.

I apologize for the error, I meant to say NOW be exaggerated, not NOT exaggerated.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have their track bar and can vouch it's well worth the money. Really made a noticeable difference in front end feel and confidence.

OP
OP
Lkw88

Lkw88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 4" BDS on my '16 single cab.
After doing the math, the kit was about $1100., and $750. for the install. Has the Fox 2 shocks. Your still going to have a firm ride, but better on the 37's aired down to 50psi. Factory Firestones at recommended pressures ride hard. Steering is great and tight, no aftermarket stabilizer.
I'd do it again, anyday.
Cheers.

What all was included in your bds kit and where did you get it?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 4" BDS on my '16 single cab.
After doing the math, the kit was about $1100., and $750. for the install. Has the Fox 2 shocks. Your still going to have a firm ride, but better on the 37's aired down to 50psi. Factory Firestones at recommended pressures ride hard. Steering is great and tight, no aftermarket stabilizer.
I'd do it again, anyday.
Cheers.

Well wheres the pics?! I like me some single cab!

Fanman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The installer bought it from BDS. The kit is still listed on their site. The truck now sits level, so really is a 4" front, about 2-1/2" rear lift.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good! Must be 37’s?

Any issues with the plow angle with the lift, or did the bracket lower down enough to get it back to normal height?

Fanman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plow bracket lowered enough in the lowest position to compenate for the lift. I do run the factory 33's to plow, as the 37's won't allow me to connect the plow.
Zero issues plowing since the lift in 2017.

Raymillsus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My best friend owns a Custom Jeep shop. He removes Rough country lift kids every week. Says they are called rough country for a reason. His words not mine. They are Garbage. NOw that is in the Jeep world so I do not know about Trucks. But he will not install them. That is all I know.

streborm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Which kit is the best value of the 2 yall showed on here? Which kit rides the smoothest, The carli or the thuren overland? Are any of you running the solo exhuast? Any problems? And anyone recommend a tuner for the 6.4?