Is this really worth it?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Bradbury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500, sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello fellas and ladies,

My brother in law has a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited night edition white exterior Just got traded in today and he called me up cause he knows I'm looking but waiting patiently.

Saying this, the truck has 72100km with 3/4 of them being highway miles also needs new tires and brakes they are asking $44000 for it.

The truck does have one accident claim on it for $9075 but to my best knowledge and my brother in laws this price was only for the rear bumper not the tail gate or tail lights. The carfax does not provide the specific parts repaired.

What I'm trying to figure out is the sale price worth it for this truck with all I've mentioned? Or should I keep waiting for the next one to come up.

Thanks!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello fellas and ladies,

My brother in law has a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited night edition white exterior Just got traded in today and he called me up cause he knows I'm looking but waiting patiently.

Saying this, the truck has 72100km with 3/4 of them being highway miles also needs new tires and brakes they are asking $44000 for it.

The truck does have one accident claim on it for $9075 but to my best knowledge and my brother in laws this price was only for the rear bumper not the tail gate or tail lights. The carfax does not provide the specific parts repaired.

What I'm trying to figure out is the sale price worth it for this truck with all I've mentioned? Or should I keep waiting for the next one to come up.

Thanks!
That price is actually pretty competitive to the same trucks for sale in my area of North Texas. If the truck has what you want then I say grab it. You know the previous owner so you know how it was driven for the most part. There aren't that many for sale at a better price point so go ahead and take it home! Haha. Good luck with your decision!

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$9000 seems a little expensive for a bumper. Was your brother in law not the owner at the time of the accident? Other than that, seems a decent price for a Limited. Good luck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
to me it sounds like his BiL is either a salesman at a dealership or the dealership owner & they just got the Ram as a trade in

$9,000
I would think ....
You could buy a complete bed & bumper, minus a paint job

OP
OP
K

Kyle Bradbury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500, sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$9000 seems a little expensive for a bumper. Was your brother in law not the owner at the time of the accident? Other than that, seems a decent price for a Limited. Good luck.

All numbers are Canadian dollars as well!!!

No he was not the owner. His client traded the truck in and a whole saler offered 44k for the truck(which is where the number comes from)

After looking more into it and crawling under it myself. All parts are oem.. sensors, bumper, new exhaust, new hitch(not sure if mopar). That's everything I can see that would have had to been replaced. Maybe 9k worth maybe not.

Saying that automotive repairs in Canada especially insurance claims are very inflated.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
truck sale.jpeg
This is my truck that I recently traded for my PW.
I was a bit surprised at the price considering after the incentives I only paid $45k for it new in 2018.
Used trucks seem to be at a premium right now.

OP
OP
K

Kyle Bradbury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500, sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 244292
This is my truck that I recently traded for my PW.
I was a bit surprised at the price considering after the incentives I only paid $45k for it new in 2018.
Used trucks seem to be at a premium right now.

Yeah, after driving the truck and bringing it home I crawled under it. The equipment needing to be replaced is the bumper, exhaust, hitch and the list could go on. Saying this also sometimes the insurance company tacks on the vehicle rental while things get fixed.. I'll never know.

After more digging into it the truck was registered as commercial for a period of time making me think something els was going on..

With all that said, I'm passing on this truck and will continue too wait patiently!