Issue with battery drain and wiper fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhioGuy36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought an 04 ram 1500 CrewCab Hemi. The guy I got it from replaced the rusted out truck bed with a wood one. He claims ever since that there has been a battery drain that quit once he took out the 30amp wiper fuse. I have tried and verified this. I leave the fuse out and it is fine. Other symptom: if fuse is left in, sometimes if you just open the door the wipers will run a time or two(with truck off and key out)
I personally think the change of truck bed is a cooincidence and it must be a grounded out wiper motor or something? Could there be a pinched wire going to the back of truck that would affect just the wipers, allow them to sometimes come on when car is off randomly(rarely), and also completely drain the battery wothin 36 hours unless the wiper fuse is taken out?
I vote wiper motor lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

OhioGuy36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Solved my problem. That was not my drain. It was fuse 51. Bad horn. 1.27amp draw. Disconnected horn and need a new airbag assembly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk