Issue with "Installing PopupMesseges_es_MX161400.jar"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Just a heads up for anyone who gets this pop up error message on their screen and it stays there. I've been to the dealership twice and we figured out what the issue was. If you have an older Android phone and connect it via Bluetooth *and* Android Auto there's a chance the software will glitch trying to download the same info from your phone via both channels, get confused, and hangup on that message.

They reset my radio the first time and reinstalled all updates, but it came back once I reconnected my phone.

Second time, reset my radio and paired the tech's Apple. No problems. Used my phone only via Bluetooth briefly. No problems. Unpaired and used Android Auto only. No problems. Seems like the issue stems from when I started the truck, the phone latched on to Bluetooth and started syncing data, then I plugged it in for AA.

They sent my Android build number up the chain in case it can be updated later, but if you have the issue and an older Android phone this may work for you as well. Just hold the power button for about 20 seconds to hard reset the radio, then pick one or other on plugging the phone in or bluetooth.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
What power button? There isn't one on mine.

Mine is the 12" screen and the power button is the same knob as the volume control. Twist for volume, press for power.

Apparently some radios you press both the power and the tuner button to reset, but he told me just the power.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Oh ok. Another 12" issue. Hopefully I never experience it on the 8.4. It just did an over the air update couple weeks ago and seems everything is still working correctly now. Initially I was missing some apps but they came back the next day.
Thanks.