Issues pumping Fuel in at a gas station

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dilrajkehra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L V8
Hi!

Not sure why this is happening.

When I pump fuel in, if I pump normal speed, it comes back out or the pump shuts off on its own.
I have to pump fuel extremely slow to get fuel in.

I have a Ram 1500 (2020) rebel crew cab 4x4
Its a capless fuel fill.

OP
OP
D

dilrajkehra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L V8
A known issue starting with the 2019's. Do a search on the site for a discussion on this issue.
Can't find anything. Maybe I'm not typing the right words. Any thing in particular I should type for it? Thanks!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
A known issue starting with the 2019's. Do a search on the site for a discussion on this issue.
Nope this is an issue that has been around for a very long time ... Mine is a 2018 and it's been happening since I got the truck ... the only fix is to replace the fuel tank ...

The evap canisters get ruined when people try to top off at the pump... it also ruins the pumps which have to be replaced ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Can't find anything. Maybe I'm not typing the right words. Any thing in particular I should type for it? Thanks!!
You are going to have to get the fuel tank replaced ... my truck has that issue and I actually just cleaned the evap canister and that helped a bit... the dealership was supposed to replace the fuel tank but the screwed me over on that .... long story ..

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Mine only does it at certain pumps and has not done it for as long as I can remember

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
If the pump was getting stuck in your truck, then the easy fix is the filler tube which is what they tried to say would fix my truck the first time ... they replaced it and made it worse ..I think they used an old one they had laying around with the evap canister already messed up ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Mine only does it at certain pumps and has not done it for as long as I can remember
Yeah, this summer mine was pretty tamed ... out of all the times I filled up this summer it probably only shut off on me about 5 times compared to every time I filled up last year lol ..