Issues with 2019 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hey guys, I got a 2019 Ram 1500 V6 Warlock at 28,000 miles, coming up on the end of my lease and likely buying it. Took it in for new tires and learned that I have a totally shot front left wheel bearing and brakes need replacing. I already had an appointment scheduled at the dealership to check out a front end vibration (obviously that must be the wheel bearing). Took 3 weeks to get into the dealership with my service date coming up this week. I also feel like the transmission shifts a little off from how it did when new, like it hesitates at the lower gears at low speeds.

Anyway, my lease was an absolute steal and my buyout is 23k so it makes total sense to buy but I'm not liking that I'm having issues right at the end of my lease and the 3 year warranty. I know brakes are brakes but the wheel bearing shouldn't have failed already nor should the transmission be clunky. I drive this truck mostly around town and don't push it hard at all.

Would love some advice on whether these issues might point to more headaches down the road, and also how to approach the service appointment to make sure everything is checked out and fixed before I commit to buying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220911-071438.png
    Screenshot_20220911-071438.png
    555.1 KB · Views: 7

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With 28,000 miles I find it unlikely either need to be done. I have 42,000 miles or so on my 2017 and my brakes look new. I tow my travel trailer 5 to 7 times a year as well. Unless you drive with both feet and leave your one foot on the brakes at all times there is no reason the brakes need to be replace at 28,000 miles. Do you live at the top of a mountain and brake all the way down everyday?

Wheel bearing maybe, some things fail early, but honestly I would take it to a tech you trust and not take the word of your tire shop.

The front end vibration could be the crappy OEM tires. Many here have complained about them. I never had the issue but I ditched the stock tires after one winter. Has it disappeared with the new tires by chance?

Sadly there are a lot of crooked techs and shops out there. Even though I have given a buddy the name of a good shop he likes to take his chances elsewhere. He just found out the ball joints he paid to have replaced on his Jeep were never done and probably didn't need doing in the first place. Expensive lesson.

Last edited:

Juice17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2019 bighorn has 56,000 and never has had brakes done. We also tow a travel trailer. My trans was replaced at 40,000 miles. My biggest complaint at moment is water leaks. Third brake light stained headliner. Now in heavy rain passenger floor gets wet only in front of seat.