Issues with U connect/ radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Hello,

I have a weird issue, for the past 2 months after the latest uconnect software update on my phone I can no longer use the app to control anything on my truck. I went to the uconnect website and it states no updates available. I then called uconnect and they informed me I have to the dealer install 4 updates on my truck to fix these compatibility issues.

I am trying to wrap my head around why I am required to pay the dealer to install the updates when I was never informed went I updated my app it for render it useless.

My reverse camera intermittently does not work, I also received an email stating there is a recall for software update to fix it. However when the dealer typed in my VIN it says it is not for my truck.

Lastly my tailgate occasionally doesn’t close properly and it has opened up while driving, I see a recall for this but the dealers again typed in my VIN and it says it is not for my truck.

Thank You

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
What ^^ said!

I had multiple warranty visits for my known issue UConnect head unit and never a single charge. Although I did now what I was getting into with these head units before I bought my truck.

FFWD to too many visits to the dealer and me having enough... I now have a Kenwood head unit in place with zero issues and more functionality than I ever had with the stock unit.

Don't fret! If you like your truck and plan on keeping it long term, invest in a new head unit and never have the issues again.

As for the tailgate issue, if your dealer isn't helpful, look for a new dealer ;)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There have been 2 Recalls for dropping tailgates

the first tailgate fix to look for is

the second fix is just a short piece of rubber

I have not read anything about this next fix
It is a tailgate wiring protector

OP
OP
Deepc6

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
My truck is out of warranty, I called 3 dealers and all of them ran my VIN and stated it was not covered under any of the recalls. Even though my truck has all the issues.

Elc-1973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine acted up after the update to my radio also. I had to re-pair my phone to the radio by forgetting the radio on my phone and redoing it.
I can’t take credit my son figured it out for me!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello,

I have a weird issue, for the past 2 months after the latest uconnect software update on my phone I can no longer use the app to control anything on my truck. I went to the uconnect website and it states no updates available. I then called uconnect and they informed me I have to the dealer install 4 updates on my truck to fix these compatibility issues.

I am trying to wrap my head around why I am required to pay the dealer to install the updates when I was never informed went I updated my app it for render it useless.

My reverse camera intermittently does not work, I also received an email stating there is a recall for software update to fix it. However when the dealer typed in my VIN it says it is not for my truck.

Lastly my tailgate occasionally doesn’t close properly and it has opened up while driving, I see a recall for this but the dealers again typed in my VIN and it says it is not for my truck.

Thank You

Hi Deepc6,

We can help take a look into this for you. Feel welcome to PM us your VIN, and we can review your vehicle information from there to search for any available bulletins or reports.

Steph
Ram Cares