It’s been awhile.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello! It’s been awhile since I’ve posted but the prospect of getting another RAM has had me checking out the forum again.

Since my last RAM got totaled I got a little daily grandpa car. 2003 Buick la Sabre custom. Hey it works for now. Since then I found out I will be transferring to FL for sea duty and my wife and I was able to buy our first home over New Years leave.

So the deal is I am going to be in the market for another RAM once we close on the house. We will sell the Buick and my wife’s Mazda and she will be getting a new Jeep. Things have been looking good. Can’t wait for the next few months!

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2020 is looking great for ya and the wife;-) thanks for serving. Be safe out there.

(Retired Navy. Yea, I need to get that military banner.)

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Retired Army. Thank you so your Service

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the support and for everyone else’s service as well. 2020 looks to be a great year.

I have been doing nothing but e singing documents on our home. So much paperwork. However just got my first pay of 2020 and that 3.1% pay raise was nice!

Here is our home. Not too big, not too small. How are some of you fellow members garage set up? I want to get an epoxy flooring done. Anyone have some input?

717CF864-2650-4BE5-9C89-818DF1B94E77.jpeg

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a product called u-coat it on my floor. Not cheap, but works really well. Looks great and is extremely durable. Check it out. And good luck with the house

Lin19687

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will it fit in the garage?
I only ask because that is something I always think of.
I had an F-350 and was always too big for any garage :(
I will be making sure if I get the Ram that it does
GL with the Move and make sure the Wife has people to talk to when you are at sea.
(former navy here too)

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I don't have a garage yet. I thought I was going to use a 24'x24' shop as a, well, shop, but alas, they built it on the lowest point on the property, and it floods out here, so the building is useless. I'm hoping to dismantle it and move it uphill (it'll be a gravel floor, so no special grease-resistant coatings needed for me :) ) Your new place reminds me of the first house my wife and I got right as our oldest got out of diapers - it was perfect for our needs at the time, the price was more than right, and the neighbors were awesome.

But enough of that - welcome back, and my suggestions would be two-fold to start with: 1) make sure you have one hell of a solid bench built or bought to give you a place to work, and 2) shelving is always a useful thing - the more the merrier.

I wish you luck - and Spanks for your ******!

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Congrats on the new house, it looks great. Now just park a 2020 Ram Classic in the driveway and you're all set!

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello! It’s been awhile since I’ve posted but the prospect of getting another RAM has had me checking out the forum again.

Since my last RAM got totaled I got a little daily grandpa car. 2003 Buick la Sabre custom. Hey it works for now. Since then I found out I will be transferring to FL for sea duty and my wife and I was able to buy our first home over New Years leave.

So the deal is I am going to be in the market for another RAM once we close on the house. We will sell the Buick and my wife’s Mazda and she will be getting a new Jeep. Things have been looking good. Can’t wait for the next few months!

Congratulations and thank you for your service..I am X Navy '65 to '69. Served in Key West and on the USS Buck DD761 out of San Diego.. Hope you enjoy Fl as I did..

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will it fit in the garage?
I only ask because that is something I always think of.
I had an F-350 and was always too big for any garage :(
I will be making sure if I get the Ram that it does
GL with the Move and make sure the Wife has people to talk to when you are at sea.
(former navy here too)
I hope so. The garage is has a 7’ by 16’ door and is 22’8” deep.

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a product called u-coat it on my floor. Not cheap, but works really well. Looks great and is extremely durable. Check it out. And good luck with the house
How much did it cost you? Did you do it yourself? I have 430 sq feet to cover.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The kit cost me about $200 I believe. My garage is a little smaller than that and I think I had some left over so you may be good with a gallon. U coat it. Call them. Excellent customer service. Very helpful and informative.