It feels good to be back in a RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hello all!

While I'm not exactly new to the forum I think this is the best place for this thread. I used to post, well lurk mostly, on here quite a few years ago when I had my first ram. Well, technically Dodge back then. I had an 05 5.9 common rail that was a blast. I was young and lifted it probably way to high and put to many go fast parts on it but it sure was fun. No major issues, minus the transmission but that was my own fault due to the larger turbo.

Here is a picture of the Cummins in the mountains of Washington. The drive across the country with an 8'' mitre cut stack, and 37" mud grapplers was deafening.

IMG_4169.jpg

Fast Forward to falling in love with the 4th gen RAM and purchasing a white 1500 Sport model. That truck had everything I wanted and then some. Color matched, sport hood, cooled seats. Unfortunately, I had to take a hardship tour in the military to Hawaii for a few years. The RAM was just to big for the island, so i changed to a car.

Below is a picture of when I traded in the cummins for a more "normal" sized RAM. I bought it a few years old at a Ford dealer.

IMG_4168.jpg

Shortly after buying the 13 RAM I went on a road trip to Oklahoma from Washington. Quite a way to break in a new truck. Here is a picture somewhere in the fields of the Sooner state.
IMG_4167.jpg

Now, I am back on the mainland and back in a RAM. Another white 1500, unfortunately I couldn't find any sport models available. I would like to thank this forum for still being as great, if not better, than I remember. It saved me from purchasing a Crew Cab that would not have fit in the garage. As much as I love the extra space, parking inside is a must for me.

Here, is a picture of the new RAM in the lovely southeast. I must say I missed being in a RAM and the new updates are nice touches. I had the 6 speed in the 13 so that is the biggest difference. In addition to the updates UConnect, it is nice to be back!.
IMG_4129.jpg

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wow that Cummins is "yuge". All great looking trucks!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome back and TY for yer Service.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome back! Nice Ram!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome back!

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You served your country and drive a Ram.
Great resume! Go Navy!