It followed me home...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Now don't get me wrong, I loved my 2018 1500 Lonestar Quad cab ecodiesel but my wife and I got a new car seat for our daughter and... it doesn't fit in the quad cab. We'd been talking about a new truck for me since the quad cab has been giving us space problems since the get go and since I'm working from home I don't have a commute it seemed like a great time to find a new (to me) bigger truck with a crew cab with a lower monthly payment.

So, here's my new 2016 6.4 Tradesmen 2500. I'm not sure what lift it's got on it but it's got something. It's currently sitting on Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 295/70R18. And most importantly, it has a crew cab, I can't believe how much more space it has over the quad cab. Plenty of room for the baby, all her stuff, our stuff AND the dogs. I am never going back to a quad cab.

I've already done some towing with it and it handled it great although the gas mileage and fuel tank leave a little to be desired I'm not complaining.

I do have a question. Somebody, either previous owner or the dealership put two brand new Nittos on the rear and the fronts are getting kinda low, still have life but getting kinda low. I had KO2s on my 1500 and loved them. When I have to replace the front Nittos. Can I replace them with KO2s on the front only? Has anyone run KO2s that size? Do they look weird/ are they not rated for the truck weight? Should I bite the bullet and either replace all 4 with KO2s? Just replace the fronts with Nittos? Thoughts?

Anyways I'm really excited to be in the new (to me) truck. I love it's stance, the way it drives and the view. And for anyone asking the downgrade from Lonestar to Tradesmen hasn't bothered me in the slightest. It's more about enjoying and driving the truck then the fancy entertainment system.

N.B. Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot, it's been awhile since I posted.
229221-95c65a03ca9208e24fb5fe8aa1cd19b7.jpg

bullet.jpg

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nice looking ride. Hope it serves you as well as your other one did.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice looking truck and I'm sure you will like the jump up to a 2500. In my opinion if your only replacing two tires, I would stick with the same brand. You could always try to sell your tires and buy a full set of the KO2;s.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice truck! I agree you need a crew cab with a car seat. I would either sell the nitto tires or just buy two new ones for the front. I loved my nittos. I’m currently running toyo r/t tires and so far I have no complaints.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Nice rig!

OP
OP
Donutsahoy

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Thanks y'all. I'm definitely loving the jump to the 2500 and the extra space in the back. Thanks for the advice on the tires.