IT HAS BEEN SHIPPED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Supposed to get with my buddy this weekend to see if he's finished with a project he's working on. So, maybe I'll be able to get started on it Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed, but you know me, I'm not going to unveil it until I'm done with it.
Should be soon, I promise.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
after its done? oh no...
yawning.jpg

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So we have several clues:

a. It's a BIG upgrade
b. It arrived in a box
c. A paint and body man will be involved
d. It will incorporate Hemi Orange.

That said,
ain't a bad guess...

however, I'm gonna say it's going to be something more subtle, a true shaker hood.

Edit: or a ZR-1 style hood window.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good guess, but no. I like the shaker hood/scoop, but they look out of scale to the truck to me in all the pictures I've seen. Maybe I'd feel differently if I saw one up close though, they sure are gorgeous on the Challenger.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good guess, but no. I like the shaker hood/scoop, but they look out of scale to the truck to me in all the pictures I've seen. Maybe I'd feel differently if I saw one up close though, they sure are gorgeous on the Challenger.

In that case, bugger all subtle... Hemi Orange flame wrap!!!!

upload_2019-4-5_13-18-25.png

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I wanted to wait until I had it completed, unfortunately my buddy broke his toe at work and is behind on his current project thus throwing me behind too.
I offered to come over and chop the toe off, but he opted to let it heal.
So, without any further to do, I decided to share my project for some feedback and ideas for my next mod (I actually value "many" of the opinions shared, lol).
I'm putting a MOPAR Six Pack hood scoop on finally and it will work in conjunction with my Vararam.
It'll be bolted on from the bottom and I definitely don't want it molded in.
For the time being, it will be wrapped in Hot Rod black, but painted the color of the truck when I have my truck repainted (in the future).
The inside of the scoop will be Hemi Orange.
I'll need to fashion a set of "butterfly" functioning doors to open/close during heavy rain, I'll need to make an insert block for the lower scoop for when the Six Pack is open, I've toyed with the idea of a set of butterflies, weatherproof linear actuated, doors triggered by the old "Air Grabber" switch on the dash?
Threw it on just for the photo, obviously it has to be fine tuned to the contour of my hood still in some spots, but fits pretty well already.
Please excuse my filthy dirty truck.
IMG_0826.JPG IMG_0827.JPG

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that's gonna look awesome!!! Can't wait to see the finished product..... now hurry up and finish it already!!!