IT HAS BEEN SHIPPED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that's gonna look awesome!!! Can't wait to see the finished product..... now hurry up and finish it already!!!
It'll definitely be a "Air Sucker" for sure.
Plan is to do headers next, ported TB, 4.56 gears, then re-cam and 05 PCM then a tuner to bring it all together.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seeing this is kinda rejuvenating me to start messing with my truck again. I guess it’s cause they somewhat similar looking, I still never did get that 12 sec pass n/a...

BE0528C0-25A0-40D5-B7C4-638564E66FE8.jpeg

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seeing this is kinda rejuvenating me to start messing with my truck again. I guess it’s cause they somewhat similar looking, I still never did get that 12 sec pass n/a...

View attachment 162185
Other than the trim package I believe there identical. I really love the color on our trucks. Bet you wish you had the 05 PCM too?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Other than the trim package I believe there identical. I really love the color on our trucks. Bet you wish you had the 05 PCM too?

Just for trans tuning purposes(which I’ve heard is hit an miss with 05s)

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Called it last month lol39acf408895eb1f08579c4d5c7c71d0e.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Yes you did! Congratulations you win the golden "I called it first" award.
Actually, I had toyed with the idea of the hood on your red ram, but was afraid the bottom of the scoop on the inside would interfere with the top of my snorkel.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes you did! Congratulations you win the golden "I called it first" award.
Actually, I had toyed with the idea of the hood on your red ram, but was afraid the bottom of the scoop on the inside would interfere with the top of my snorkel.

LOL...I think you would've been alright, it comes close to my surge tank (03 has it on top of the shroud) but nothing touches.

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What happened here?!?!?!
I know, I know, nothing yet. I've been waiting on my paint and body guy to get over his broken foot and quit honestly have been working on my gun room and buying guns. I can't help myself, it's an addiction. lol

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well, I wanted to wait until I had it completed, unfortunately my buddy broke his toe at work and is behind on his current project thus throwing me behind too.
I offered to come over and chop the toe off, but he opted to let it heal.
So, without any further to do, I decided to share my project for some feedback and ideas for my next mod (I actually value "many" of the opinions shared, lol).
I'm putting a MOPAR Six Pack hood scoop on finally and it will work in conjunction with my Vararam.
It'll be bolted on from the bottom and I definitely don't want it molded in.
For the time being, it will be wrapped in Hot Rod black, but painted the color of the truck when I have my truck repainted (in the future).
The inside of the scoop will be Hemi Orange.
I'll need to fashion a set of "butterfly" functioning doors to open/close during heavy rain, I'll need to make an insert block for the lower scoop for when the Six Pack is open, I've toyed with the idea of a set of butterflies, weatherproof linear actuated, doors triggered by the old "Air Grabber" switch on the dash?
Threw it on just for the photo, obviously it has to be fine tuned to the contour of my hood still in some spots, but fits pretty well already.
Please excuse my filthy dirty truck.
View attachment 162052 View attachment 162053

looks great. now, get a 440 with a 6 pack on it and go to town!