It is coming late summer 2020...TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol... I thought you were comparing the Raptor to the TRX.
Same that's why I was like wtf lol
Until Ford revamps the Raptor I cant see how to even compare the two. Even then I think Ford is not going to be able to put something out that is in the same league. Ram (FCA in general really) has really stepped up their game over the past few years. Car and Driver claims they did 0-60 in 3.7 with a stock TRX. Thats supercar territory, and with a truck that costs less than $100k and could still beat cars that are more than double the price. I am just waiting to see when someone tunes a TRX.
When my TRX gets delivered in working with a company to see how much more power you can get out of it

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
Until Ford revamps the Raptor I cant see how to even compare the two. Even then I think Ford is not going to be able to put something out that is in the same league. Ram (FCA in general really) has really stepped up their game over the past few years. Car and Driver claims they did 0-60 in 3.7 with a stock TRX. Thats supercar territory, and with a truck that costs less than $100k and could still beat cars that are more than double the price. I am just waiting to see when someone tunes a TRX.

As far as comparing them goes, Ford has been sending the Raptor out be compared to Rebel and AT4 trucks for years. Hardly comparing apples to apples there either since the FX4 seems to be closer to either of those offerings than the Raptor. About time someone put something in the market to actually compare.

I watched a TFL video looking at the add-ons on the RAM website to see how expensive the truck could get. The comments were about 1/3 complaining the truck was too expensive, 1/3 saying the Raptor was better (or will be next year with an 8 cylinder), and about 1/3 drooling over wanting one of their own. The Raptor fans are Ford guys and will never accept anything without an oval. That's fine, looks like an awesome vehicle with some good features. I won't fault anyone for being a Raptor fan.

The overpriced comments got me to thinking - is it really overpriced? I did a 5 sec web search and found a car and driver article about production vehicles with 700+ hp. They had 13 models in their article, most were super cars. After looking at the base prices, the TRX actually looks like a steal in this lineup. For reference, the 13 cars in the article were: Vette ($122,095), 2 Ferrari models ($315,000 and $350,000), 2 McLaren models ($1,000,000 and $378,215), 2 Bugatti models ($2,998,000 and $5,800,000), Porsche ($294,450), 2 Dodge models ($71,490 and $78,745), Lambo ($454,845), Jeep ($89,165), and Aston Martin ($319,125)

Before you hate on me - I am not saying the TRX is super car territory, only comparing a production vehicle starting price based on minimum HP as a filter. The closest to production in the truck market appears to be the 770 hp Shelby Super Snake (which I don't consider a production vehicle myself) starting at $93,385. In my opinion, if you want a stupid amount of hp in a factory vehicle on a "budget", the Challenger, Charger, and TRX look like pretty attractive options. I still can't justify spending money on any of them though, unfortunately.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shelby trucks aren't production to me either and way overpriced and The warranty is altered correct? TFL showed that the crew cab truck doesnt even compare, with stated 48 more HP!