It Was a Good Run, But I'm Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's been a great run but my time as a truck guy has come to an end.

22 years with a bed has been great but between my health and operating costs (I spent $950+ on gas for my truck last month) it's just not a practicality any more.

I've only had the RAM for a tad under 4 years but it's been my second favorite vehicle I've ever owned (my 2003 Ford F-250 diesel was my favorite but I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum wants to hear about that).

There's a lot of things I'm going to miss about the truck, but not the fuel economy (14 mpg overall) or the items coming due (transmission fluid change, tires, spark plugs)...or RAM dealerships.

I've appreciated the help over the years and, hopefully, I've paid it forward a little during my time here.

Thanks for everyone and keep enjoying your trucks!
I can understand but I’m one that always takes trips in my ram. Uses more fuel but the room and ride can’t be beat

OP
OP
brian42

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Any time we drove anywhere it was always in my truck. F-150, F-250, and then 1500. Much more comfortable drive so price at the pump was never a concern. The daily driving is a concern, though, as I've gone from 12K miles a year, to 15K miles, to 20K miles, to 24K miles this past year...and it's not going to go down any time soon.

An extra fuel-efficient beater for daily driving is not an option so getting a nice fuel-efficient(ish) sedan was the next best option for my situation.

Up until now it was feasible to keep the truck...but not practical. We are providing family support (hence the need for a roomier sedan if it isn't a crew cab truck), which has grown in scope and frequency (why my annual miles have doubled in the last 6-7 years). Now it is to the point of affecting quality of life for my family and that is not an acceptable option.

I've had trucks for 22 years and said I would never go back. It was a hard decision and took several months to come to terms with it. Not even 2 weeks out of the truck and I can see the rise in happiness factor in my family which makes the decision worth it's weight in gold.

YMMV

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Any time we drove anywhere it was always in my truck. F-150, F-250, and then 1500. Much more comfortable drive so price at the pump was never a concern. The daily driving is a concern, though, as I've gone from 12K miles a year, to 15K miles, to 20K miles, to 24K miles this past year...and it's not going to go down any time soon.

An extra fuel-efficient beater for daily driving is not an option so getting a nice fuel-efficient(ish) sedan was the next best option for my situation.

Up until now it was feasible to keep the truck...but not practical. We are providing family support (hence the need for a roomier sedan if it isn't a crew cab truck), which has grown in scope and frequency (why my annual miles have doubled in the last 6-7 years). Now it is to the point of affecting quality of life for my family and that is not an acceptable option.

I've had trucks for 22 years and said I would never go back. It was a hard decision and took several months to come to terms with it. Not even 2 weeks out of the truck and I can see the rise in happiness factor in my family which makes the decision worth it's weight in gold.

YMMV
Everybody's situation is different and None of us can live the Life of another.

You do what;s best, for you and your Loved ones, as should everyone else, if they have enough sense not to shot themselves in the head.

Truly hope things get much better, in eveyr aspect of your situation and you can get back into what you love, with those you love.

WHo knows, may decide yo do nto need a truck, ever again, and end up in Hellcat Challenger.
Go with teh Green or Orange. My Dream Car Colors.

just, don;t post any pictures.
Then, I'd have to Hate You.