It's an improvement with pix!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
So After the demoralizing job I did with the rtv, I went too town with a razor! Ouch! Ya gotta be careful with razors,lol. I managed to clean up the scoop considerably There is a slight residue left over. But I think I can either eraser wheel, or wet sand the remainder.
The last picture is the failure of not waiting for the clear coat and paint (the second time)application, to dry. I stilll think I can sand all that out and get down too the base coat. That I took my time with. Now I think I can wait till warmer weather, so I can finish it up.
0scoop1.jpg

0scoop2.jpg
0scoop3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
bump, refresh, look again lol.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
looking good. it will be worth it when its all done

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks a lot better. I know someone else said it in your other thread, but kudos to you for giving it a shot! It's stuff like this that advances the hobby for all of us.

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Lookin' better, Rocket.

And Frog, well said.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Thanks guys, After the cold ass night; frost was deeply encasing my truck, So with scraper in hand. I did the windows, and the edges of the scoop!!lol. I figured after all I had done , a plastic scraper wont do any damage. I got most of the residue off. So now I just have a clean edge. I'm pretty sure I could get the rest off with no ill effects whatsoever. That leaves the glaring patch on the top. ( the last picture). It kinda looks like a heat signature. from a back fire. lol. But that has got too waiit for either a body shop, or warmer weather in my drive.

On a side note.
RF FTW, Lol genious post.
And one more thing,
******* admin?!? Alrighty then. Your still illegally parked!!

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Just got done fukken my truck!! The scoop isn't gonna improve much more than this. But It should get me thru the winter.
0hood2.jpg
ohood4.jpg
ohood3.jpg
0hood1.jpg

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Looks good Bill, every lill bit helps and keeps ya from getting bored with your truck.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm telling ya, I haven't stopped. I go to work, (3rd shift). Come home tweak it, go to sleep, I've been doing it for three days now. But it keeps the mid winter blah's away. Now at least I can look back, when I walk away from her lol.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
looking good bill, what did you use to hold the mesh in the front of the scoop?...

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
looking good bill, what did you use to hold the mesh in the front of the scoop?...

That is the aspect I've been avoiding, lol. I used clear epoxy resin. Had it looking good too. Then in a moment of retardation, I purposely decided to spray paint it chrome silver.That brought out all the messy areas that were (hidden) From the black gel coat. Now I have to hit it with flat black, and see how that looks. Cuz right now it's the only eyesore left. Oh well live and learn.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Bill, experiementing is what it is all about. You would not believe some of the messes I have made. Kudo's to you for being public about yours. Not to hijack, but I've got to ask you about your wheels. Are they OEM or did you modify them. I think they would look very nice on my Redtruck.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Bill, experiementing is what it is all about. You would not believe some of the messes I have made. Kudo's to you for being public about yours. Not to hijack, but I've got to ask you about your wheels. Are they OEM or did you modify them. I think they would look very nice on my Redtruck.

I'm public, cuz I drive a RAM!! lol. yeah I getcha. Nothing ventured nothing gained. For the money I'm happy with it. but Had I an ounce of patience it would of came out better (at least the mesh part).
The wheels are oem, black chromium clads. I get complimented on them all the time. For all I know they were only offered with the nightrunners. So they are as rare as the truck they are on. Tell you what, Send me a case of that red horse, and a "nice'' p t ******!. Hell I'll even mount them for you, after I mount her of course.:roflsquared::roflsquared:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I'm public, cuz I drive a RAM!! lol. yeah I getcha. Nothing ventured nothing gained. For the money I'm happy with it. but Had I an ounce of patience it would of came out better (at least the mesh part).
The wheels are oem, black chromium clads. I get complimented on them all the time. For all I know they were only offered with the nightrunners. So they are as rare as the truck they are on. Tell you what, Send me a case of that red horse, and a "nice'' p t ******!. Hell I'll even mount them for you, after I mount her of course.:roflsquared::roflsquared:

That's a mighty fine offer, I'll send two because they're small.... Just got back from a three day tour on the bike, all I can say is it was a real good time. Actually three days running is about all my old bone(s) can stand any more....:)

Edit: got side tracked, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a set of those rims. I want.....

Last edited: