It's official, now lets build this beast...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Here she is boys. standard PW cloth seats, 12" screen, 9 speaker with sub woofer, black rims, running boards, tonneau cover and bed liner...

TPS sensor failed within first 50 miles. New one is getting installed Wednesday. About to order a muffler delete and can't decide which one. Don't like the raspy sound, reminds me of a Raptor Ecoboost. Looking for a deep loud growl if you will.

Also, I'll be pulling the biggest camper I can get away with sooner rather than later. Can't find any "E" rated tires in 37... HELP!

View attachment 222209
Very nice!! consider the exhaust bypass instead. I did a little write up in my build thread.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Hard say if 13.5 will rub. What I can say, my wheels are CJC offroad addition racelines with +20 offset. I’ve already trimmed some plastic and I stuffed one of the tires pretty good the other day and still had some rub so...

My lighting setup is all Baja Designs. In the fog light pockets I have Squadron Sports with amber lenses wired to the factory fog light switch. The other two are Squadron Pro on their own circuit. A-pillar lights are Squadron Racers with SDHQ mounts. At first I liked the smaller lights on the a-pillar mounts but I kind of want to upgrade to the XL80s.

Any chance you would be willing to take pictures of all the individual lights and add descriptions to what I'm looking at brother? I'd really appreciate it and it would help me with my decision making.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Very nice!! consider the exhaust bypass instead. I did a little write up in my build thread.

Looking hard at snagging up the Solo MR400 delete and leaving the resonator. Thoughts?

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
That is the biggest reason I went up to an 18” wheel....a lot more 37/12.50 tire options in an E load...went with the Toyo RTs 37/12.50r18 E. Very minimal plastic trimming and loss of power to me is not really noticeable at this point. Glad I went with the 37s.

View attachment 222255

View attachment 222256

I've got no interest in cutting/trimming to fit tires. I'd roll with a AEV suspension, their rims, 40's, and regearing before I cut or trimmed.

Question is, will the 13.5's work on the Katla 17x8.5, or would I need to go to the 17x10's for a 37" 13.5 wide tire in order to facilitate towing... if I can't get them to work without going up, I'll roll with what I have until I'm about to go full retard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Who's got the hands down, best sounding, deep growling PW exhaust on their truck? I don't want something stupid crazy like the kids out there right now with their trucks squatted in the rear and something ridiculous. But something that makes it sound like it looks....a BEAST.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I've got no interest in cutting/trimming to fit tires. I'd roll with a AEV suspension, their rims, 40's, and rear gearing before I cut or trimmed.

Question is, will the 13.5's work on the Katla 17x8.5, or would I need to go to the 17x10's for a 37" 13.5 wide tire in order to facilitate towing... if I can't get them to work without going up, I'll roll with what I have until I'm about to go full retard.

Everything I've seen says you'd need the 10 wide wheels for 13.5 tires.

With the 37 to 40 conversion AEV sell I think you'd have to buy in on their front bumper also based on what their site says, but could be wrong there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine

With the 37 to 40 conversion AEV sell I think you'd have to buy in on their front bumper also based on what their site says, but could be wrong there.

Would the 17x10 with 37x13.50's rub ? I know you have told me the 17x8.5's with 12.50's do not rub what so ever...

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Who's got the hands down, best sounding, deep growling PW exhaust on their truck? I don't want something stupid crazy like the kids out there right now with their trucks squatted in the rear and something ridiculous. But something that makes it sound like it looks....a BEAST.

ALRIGHT! Congrats on the truck man. im glad i could help you out!!

As already mentioned the SOLO muffler delete gives some awesome sounds. without being stupid expensive for a piece of pipe.

I have it on my truck. below are a couple videos. Doesnt really do it justice, but it is SUPER deep, and just sounds like a bat out of hell at full throttle.

P.s. All credit goes to my wife in second video. She loves to hoon this truck hahah

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Would the 17x10 with 37x13.50's rub ? I know you have told me the 17x8.5's with 12.50's do not rub what so ever...
I would guess the extra 1 inch would make it rub at full lock. Mine is supposed to have minimal rub at full lock on the arms. If you watch that video I posted I think they discuss the 13.50

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

8.5" wide wheels work on 13.5" wide tires...just look at the recommended wheel width ranges from the manufacturer. The video someone posted above on tire size has 13.5" wide tires on 8.5" wide wheels. Rubbing depends on the actual tire size since not all 37x13.5 tires are actually that size. Some are wider or taller than others. I run 37x13.5 KM3s on AEV wheels and the driver side tire just barely kisses the sway bar so there's a small probably 1/2" or less part where the paint rubbed off. I don't think I lost any turning radius because of this. Others with AEV wheels but on "wider" 37x13.5 such as TOYO MT rub the sway bar more to where you may lose some turning radius. In terms of height my KM3s are likely a little shorter than other 37" tires and I have done zero trimming of any plastic or pinch weld. Again others with slightly taller tires or less positive offset wheels than mine may require some trimming or cutting. I get a very slight rub somewhere when turning and the suspension is compressed but it's very slight and I haven't seen exactly where but I haven't looked to hard either. I would say my setup is cut, trim free without any significant rubbing since I wouldn't call the sway bar "kiss" a serious rub". I wouldn't change my setup but if you want a guarantee of zero rub I would go 35x12.5 or an undersized 37x12.5. This calculator was very handy for me when deciding what wheel/tire combo to get and what rubbing to expect based on different people's setups and inputs: https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Mule19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed the solo performance muffler delete. Slight cab drone but for 200 dollars it’s awesome.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Looking hard at snagging up the Solo MR400 delete and leaving the resonator. Thoughts?
If you do the bypass you can open it just a little at a time and get the “perfect” sound for your taste. The muffler delete is nice but wears on you on long trips and early mornings.

18E3A6E0-02CA-4019-A677-32F2B2918C8A.jpeg

E2926138-A790-43DB-B4A9-1B856DDC0E8B.jpeg

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
ALRIGHT! Congrats on the truck man. im glad i could help you out!!

As already mentioned the SOLO muffler delete gives some awesome sounds. without being stupid expensive for a piece of pipe.

I have it on my truck. below are a couple videos. Doesnt really do it justice, but it is SUPER deep, and just sounds like a bat out of hell at full throttle.

P.s. All credit goes to my wife in second video. She loves to hoon this truck hahah

MY man...is this the $190 delete or the MR400 brother? Sounds amazing.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
MY man...is this the $190 delete or the MR400 brother? Sounds amazing.
This is the full delete. No muffler. Only the stock resonator.

I will mention. When the truck kicks into ECO mode. Its drones really bad. But then again it is now habit for me to select 8th gear manually everytime the truck goes in drive.

Honestly. As long as I keep it out of ECO mode. I dont find it that loud ( while cruising). But then again, I came from an extremely modified mitsubishi Eco which had zero sound deadening, and a straight pipe 3.5" exhaust right out the turbo. With no muffler. So this truck is like riding in a caddy for me haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9

Bypass works, me i just gutted the muffler so california thinks its legal, but they do ask about the 5 inch pipe coming off my turbo, going back. Nice deep throaty roar on acceleration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio