Jack for lifted truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I always have had a Hi-Lift on every lifted truck I own, but mostly use it for farming.... them things can be sketchy.... but handy.

If you are looking for home use there are a couple of other option. I have them all or have made them and they work out well for me
1. is a jack stand with a built in jacks that can be bought at tractor supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ULZGF...K0&pd_rd_r=GGM8AC759WKJ4SYT3AJX&pd_rd_w=BDlPJ

2. block as someone else mentioned

3. jack extension, can be welded up yourself or purchased
https://www.amazon.com/Champ-Floor-Jack-Height-Extender-5/dp/B00CM9ZHOQ

Depending on what I'm working on I tend to use the bottle jack jackstand often with cribbing under it to set it up to have to run the jack out as little as needed.

^^^ Some great ideas here^^^
I really like the jack/stand.
I can make the floor jack risers in the shop but, rarely do I carry my floor jack in the truck. I prefer my HFT hi lift jack.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So with Bottle Jack for roadside use - since a flat will lower jacking point below most bottle jack's minimum height, especially when using a 2x12 or similar as a base - what's the procedure? Jack Frame to get started, place jackstand under frame, then jack control arm? They make stubby bottle jacks but they have correspondingly low maximum heights as well.

Seems like floor style jack would be better choice - but more costly, for sure though. Plus would take up more room. And Floor Jack on side of road might be cumbersome to use as well.

I saw a post in another thread - Bottle jack, Jackstand, couple pieces of wood would be optimal kit for stock or leveled/reasonable lifted trucks?

Goose_1327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi-Lift

Jack01-1.jpg

Jack02-1.jpg

I know this is old, but what size Hi-lift do you and others use? Any tips on storing them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m ordering one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk