Jacked up or Stock mega cab purchase??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CowboyElvis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Ok, so I'm looking to get back in a ram. I've found 2 for good prices, both with HEMIs ....just need some help with pro and cons from you guys. The first one. 07 slt mega cab, 118K. 8inch lift, 38s dual stabilizers, loaded minus leather.

The other...2010 mega cab, 147K on it, new transfer case, 1 owner with all maintenance records. Both have asking price of 12K. I love em both, whaaaaat would you guys do or recommend? Ive already got a lifted truck now so I don't mind that, but I'm curious and appreciate any info

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You might want to post this in a General or vehicle specific section. You have this in "site suggestions" which is to do with the forum and not vehicles.

With that said I wouldn't touch that 8" lift one but that's me. That's getting pretty extreme for these trucks and with 38's probably gets about 8mpg on a good day.

Why was the transfer case replaced on the other one? .

Dice

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The one owner truck all day long. First off, if it has all the records, you can verify what's been done. I wouldn't ever buy a lifted truck from someone I didn't personally know very well. It could have been a garage queen, or it could have been thrashed daily. I'd much rather lift my own than trust that it wasn't done by Bubba behind the bait shop.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love lifted vehicles,got several but 8" seems extreme requiring all kinds of aftermarket.....a regear is an absolute must.

Definitely go stock in this case.

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
definitely the one without lift and all records ,,the lifted truck if not done right or even if it was would be bigger issues down the road with an 8" lift ,,that is a little extreme

OP
OP
C

CowboyElvis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
That's kinda what I was thinking myself, especially for the price. The lifted one is mean though, tough to not want it but you guys are right. I'll head down to give that 2010 2500 ram another look once over. Appreciate the advice, needed others to talk me out of the lifted one