Jasper engine replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damon7278

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back in march, my 14 ram 1500 engine died, so my only reasonable option was to a jasper replacement. On sat the truck stalled out on me and I was told that the engine might of seized up on me after 4 months, has anyone had a problem with a jasper engine and what should I do about this dam thing?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who diagnosed a seized engine? Who installed the engine? Contact jasper because there should be some kind of a warranty on it.

I'm a fleet vehicle mechanic and use jasper "rebuilt" engines and rear differentials all the time. I will say, from MY experience with jasper, I would not use any off their "rebuilt" products in anything I own

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They (Jasper) should have a specific process to determine what the failure point was.

I'd like to know what they discover....

Sorry for your headaches..

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No doubt under warranty (3yr100k mile). Take it in to same shop that did work. That is between the shop and Jasper but regardless it has to get taken care of. You don't need to contact Jasper this is why they have certain shops that install their engines products. Contact the shop that did the work and go from there. The shop is the one that contacts Jasper and will work with them as far as next steps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Damon7278

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sooo update on this dam thing, I got a call today from the shop saying they need to replace the intake manifold however the shop got a few dealerships and they said everything is backed and earliest they can get done by is mid October in no way in hell am I waiting that long for that to come in, does anyone know where else i can get a bew intake manifold?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
If it has to be new, why not consider contacting Benny at all mopar parts here on the forum, they are a sponsor and ive had good luck ordering directly.

If you can go used, I've got a 5.7 hemi intake sitting in my garage collecting dust. It's not new but it could be low cost

OP
OP
D

Damon7278

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Benny at all mopar parts, is that his ussername on here and the shop and jasper said the manifold has to be brand new

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Used 5.7 Manifolds are a dime a dozen as we all do 6.4 swaps. Should be an issues finding one for 100$ . heck thats what they sell for here used with injectors and TB...lol...