Jba longtubes/shorty headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm trying to find more info regarding the inability to pass emission with these headers. Which part of the emissions testing is exactly is going to fail? The header do not delete any vital components from what I can see unless i am mistaken. The reason i ask is when when my stock studs break, I'd like to permanently fix the problem and adding a bit of performance is a bonus.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
http://www.jbaheaders.com/feature_pages/04heminew.asp

"2004-2017 CARB EO D-57-35"

"*This Product has been granted a California Air Resources Board (CARB) “E.O” (Executive Order) Exemption, or is considered a Direct Replacement or Consolidated Replacement part. It is 50 State Legal when installed on the appropriate vehicle per the Manufacturer Application guide and Installation Instructions."

OP
OP
Gero

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks but I still dont see how the longtubes wont pass. You're not eliminating a cat, or any sensors. Doesnt seem like the cel will trip. Or will you fail based on a visual inspection?

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I have no idea what the laws are in Canada. Seems like something you as a resident should know.

OP
OP
Gero

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here it's an obd scan. As long as there are no faults, you should pass. There's no visual or tail pipe sniffers.

I'm just afraid they will modify or change their method which they have done once in the pass. Went from a rolling dyno using a tail pipe sniffer.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Any non-OEM or equivalent converter is an immediate fail, vehicle impounded, 90 day jail sentence.

Plus you aren’t allowed to leave Canada for life

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
Well you are changing the location of the cats and 02 sensors. Which will effect how they function... So there's that.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Any non-OEM or equivalent converter is an immediate fail, vehicle impounded, 90 day jail sentence.

Plus you aren’t allowed to leave Canada for life

Damn!!! I guess the government has to be strict about something. Why not pick emissions in a country that barely populated even half of its lands??? Lol

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything that requires programming the computer for performance reasons is supposed to be for racing or off-road use anyways. Not that everyone follows that. The jba shorty is compliant because it reuses the stock y pipe so the cats are unchanged. You can change the y on the pipe though due to it being a terrible collector. Long tubes relocate the cats and require tuning for a/f ratios and since the cats are farther back they may not be as efficient. Not saying they’re not. More of a speculation from a visual standpoint as they are designed to be in such and such location. I’m looking at the jba long tubes and wrapping them and having a welder fabricator build me a y pipe reusing the factory cats

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm trying to find more info regarding the inability to pass emission with these headers. Which part of the emissions testing is exactly is going to fail? The header do not delete any vital components from what I can see unless i am mistaken. The reason i ask is when when my stock studs break, I'd like to permanently fix the problem and adding a bit of performance is a bonus.

I thought Doug Ford had done away with Emission tests in Ontario. You're gonna have to move West if not,still nothing out here as far as emission tests go,lol

OP
OP
Gero

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah Doug...he's something else. I've decided to stick with shortys when my manifold bolts crap out. Still have 2.5yr powertrain and 6month bumper to bumper left. Does anyone know if powertrain covers snapped manifold bolts? My guess is no.

List of mods when things crap out:
Shorty manifolds
Catback (stock ss apparently last pretty long)
Front struts and rear shocks
Better mild AT Lt tires

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run JBA LT's, You need a custom tune to even make them worthwhile. JBAs quality is a joke so look for something better, My ceramic coating disappeared within the first year, Had the weld fails, and to top it off they lined up like crap when installing.

Shorties are great if you just want to upgrade the crappy factory setup. Id still get a Tune since it add so many benefits.