John has a good video for the 8 speed 2 wheel drive guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Chrysler sources the transmissions from ZF,but i don't know if the transmissions come with the output flange installed or if FCA/Stellentis is installing the flange. Chrysler does have issues with torquing and staking nuts properly though,look at the early 4Th Gen pinion nut issues,where the trucks were leaving the factory with an improperly torqued and staked pinion nut,leading to the nut backing off,and causing ring and pinion issues.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That's messed up, and you know when the replacement isnt torqued correctly that you have a issue facing several rams as opposed to just one ram. 3:15 minute mark, if you have one you can check it now for play.

Just curious, why would this only effect 2wd? I have no confidence anymore in auto manu's, no more new cars for this guy ever. If my ram dies, find me a nice cheap old used truck.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That's messed up, and you know when the replacement isnt torqued correctly that you have a issue facing several rams as opposed to just one ram. 3:15 minute mark, if you have one you can check it now for play.

Just curious, why would this only effect 2wd? I have no confidence anymore in auto manu's, no more new cars for this guy ever. If my ram dies, find me a nice cheap old used truck.
The 4X4's don't have a driveshaft flange,they use a slip fit collar between the transmission and t-case,and then use a normal slip yoke on the driveshaft into the transfer case Mike