Joined the Ram 1500 family.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI VVT
Wanted to post an official "hello" post with some info that someone might find interesting or useful. Plus I have appreciated the conversations in this forum over the past week and thought I might as well join in.

My wife and I have discussed getting a truck off and on for a few months now. We had an older 01 Dodge Dakota V8 4WD that mostly sat in the driveway taking up space, it was a daily driver for neither of us. We purchased it almost a decade ago to haul 4-wheelers and a side-by-side, which it did admirably, but found itself largely non-useful after we had children and sold our toys due to non-use. Now that our children are older and more self-sufficient, and after going on at least one yearly RV camping trip with friends over the past 3 years, we're thinking about getting our own RV at some point in the future. We needed a heavier-duty and more reliable truck, so here we are.

Truck specs are:
  • 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
  • Patriot Blue color ($100)
  • Deluxe cloth bucket seat ($595)
  • Level 2 Equipment Group ($2500)
  • 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT ($1795)
  • 20" chrome wheels ($1595)

As far as numbers go, I feel like I got a pretty good deal for myself. If I didn't, then don't tell me and ruin it. :D I had two trade-ins and essentially haggled with the dealer on the premise that I didn't care where you got the money or what fees you charge, you just have to give me an OTD price that I'm willing to pay.
  • Base price: $40,290
  • Total price (w/ options): $48,570
  • Final "cash price" on the paperwork: $45,350
    • - $5,500 ($16,000 - $10,500 car payoff) for trade-ins: This was the one that shocked me. Combined, KBB estimated my car and truck trade-ins to be worth just shy of $13,000, so the extra they put into my trade-ins helped considerably.
    • + $1,401 for sales tax
    • + $99 for LTT
    • + $530 processing fee
    • - $6,000 in rebates
  • OTD price of $35,880.
I feel pretty good about that price. Likely not the best deal out there but I don't feel like I got taken, either. My dad always argued for hours or days about the fees they tack on, that's part of the reason I always just ask for the OTD price and let them put the money where they feel they need to. My dad has walked away from a car over a $50 fee before, even after the salesman offered to pay it out of his own pocket. Not for me. :D

Anyhow, loving the truck so far. I saw where Mopar had 15% of accessories right now, just happened to run across it on their website and called the dealership, which the sale was a surprise to them, too. I purchased the OEM running boards for the side, which I installed earlier today and are pictured. My kids couldn't get in or out of the truck so these were kind of a must. I never considered these so it would've been nice to perhaps have negotiated that into the deal, but oh well.

I'm really liking the truck so far. I've been amazed at how quiet it rides, everything is just super smooth. We can't wait to start looking at RV trailers/campers in the next couple of years, probably when the market calms down. Comparing prices now to when I looked late summer 2019, it's insane. Once the Covid campers go away, prices will either hopefully stabilize or I might find a good deal on a used camper where someone realized they actually don't want to camp now that the world is getting back to normal. :)

IMG_2700.jpg

Last edited:

Tony Rossi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 Crew, Bright White
Engine
Hemi V8 / eTorque, 3.92
Very nice. Congrats. Just picked mine up around Thanksgiving and I love it as well.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum. Yeah, there will probably be a glut of slightly used TT's on the market in the near future.

Buffchief52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e torque.
Welcome! I’m sure you will love your Ram. I’m on my third one, have never had a service issue with any of my hemi Rams. The 2020,s ride so good and are so quiet! Welcome again!

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice... congrats and welcome!

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Very nice truck and I think you did great on the deal. We just got our first Ram in Nov and we are really liking it.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice. Welcome to the hood, bro!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome and congrats on the truck

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!!

Patriot_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. Very nice truck, got one in the Patriot Blue back in November and loving it so far.