Just cancelled Sirius. Is there something better or as good?

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
I do NOT know all the tech stuff like some of you may, so I am looking for other avenues other than Sirius. We have pretty good stations here. ( but of course commericals) So we decided to cancel Sirius because of this and to get rid of one more bill. If we decide to go back at some point they always send you a thing to get 3 years for $99 as well. So it is one more option but frankly I have Alexia radio in the house and shop and I believe it is free. Would it be possible to use? Thanks

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Amazon music if you have a Prime account. It will cut out when you lose cell reception.

Kenobi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L Diesel
Amazon music if you have a Prime account. It will cut out when you lose cell reception.
I've used YouTube Music and Pandora steaming Bluetooth or thru Apple Play, both are pretty decent. However, they are dependent on the cell signal as well.

I hate terrestrial radio. It just has too many annoying commercials.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Amazon Music as I have a Prime membership. You can create playlists and download the songs to your phone so losing cell service isnt an issue. Prime makes you pay extra if you want ALL the songs though. Spotify is also good if you use the paid version, but the free one isn't great.

Standard radio is so dumb. Commercials every 10 minutes and the same 12 songs every hour....

Last edited:

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I build my Playlists on YouTube music. Have a YouTube Red account with no commercials that also lets me download my Playlists as I see fit. 400 songs in four Playlists that don't use more than 30GB on my 128GB phone.

When I go up the mountain, these downloaded Playlists will play whether I have cell service or not.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I let my Sirius expire, just began receiving discounted offers, going to wait a while, i have not really left town in several months, so i don't really need it.

When i do sign up again, it will be on a card that's only good for a short period, like 6 months, so they can't get me on the full price of the following year

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
If all you want is music there are any number of alternatives. The problem is I'd rather listen to talk radio and there are few alternatives to SiriusXM. That's why I keep Sirius and also use podcasting apps from my phone through Android Auto.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SWMBO put Sirius on her cell, got 6 months free. We used it last week driving from Flatistan to Virginia on I95 and back. Bluetooted it into her system. Just a couple dropouts here and there.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I like Sirius. A lot of variety and no commercials.
I let my subscription lapse for a bit. When you do they practically beg you come back and offer service for dirt cheap. Just keep doing that every year.