Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got my 2020 Ram 1500 lemon

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dean B, Aug 17, 2020.

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
  1. MoPowered

MoPowered Retired Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Yeah, I follow you Phoenix, I’ve only ever bought 2 new vehicles off the showroom floor, an 03 Durango and an 11WK2, and guess who they were for that’s right the Wife. Either way I agree with you, I’d want to go back to those simpler times, when your high beam button was on the floor, you had to roll down your window’s and all the climate and radio controls were on a slide or push button. Most importantly you could open the hood and see air cleaner, valve covers, carb, intake, plug wires etc....But this is what we get for the technological advance. A vehicle you can’t trouble shoot without a computer, steering, and gas pedal are drive by wire and on top of all this it’s a damn mortgage payment. Sheet, can’t win for losing my friend.

phoenixgenesys likes this.
  2. KalboKalbs

KalboKalbs Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    "VIN unique" surly caught my eye. For a mass produced vehicle? VIN unique strikes slow guy, me, as odd. Maybe one of the savvy RAM guys that have been around along time can chime in on, "VIN unique".

Some have chimed, assembly line manufacturing at times cranks out problems. It's a fact. Can't do a damn thing about that aspect.

Another fact is it sucks to be the owner "new" vehicle with problems. Been there, long time ago. 95 Taurus wagon, at ~600 miles transmission had a catastrophic failure - simply 100% quit. Incredibly pissed, I was. Ford fixed it promptly. Well, ten days. Had a new car loaner. After that, my 95 Taurus, beyond routine maintenance, had zero issues. Got rid of it at 140K miles.

Presently have a 15 Laramie. Engine blew at 88K. Pissed I was, until I realized I'd get a free new engine with the truck at 88K. Warranty was drive train 7yr/100K. RAM replaced engine without issue. New Cherokee loaner. Little over 30 days as I recall. Yea, a major inconvenience. Sh!t happens in life. Gotta roll with the punches, stand up and move on. Presently on the lifetime warranty. Cruise control, entire radio unit has been replaced... IMO, a great truck. 122K miles. Zero regrets.

On my second Grand Cherokee. Neither anything beyond routine maintenance.

phoenixgenesys likes this.
  3. Tim7139

Tim7139 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 SSV 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi w/6 speed
    May have been two screws and a few wires but they could be a royal PITA.

I was a pump jockey for a while, and recall needing to try and help people fix or replace a high beam switch multiple times a month. It was even more frequent than flasher relays and headlights. I suspect people would get sand from the beach or gravel and salt from the ski hill parking lot jamming them up, or push them off angle just enough wear them out. Then the were was the terminals breaking off or corroding, or the floor board around them rusting out.

But if you want to go back, they still make them, and you can find lots of old vehicles that use them or sale.

MoPowered and phoenixgenesys like this.
  4. Tim7139

Tim7139 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 SSV 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi w/6 speed
    We have the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP). It's national, not a state to state patchwork.

They've made FCA by back a few 1500s over the years.

camvap.JPG

5. ronheater70

ronheater70 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Because sometimes it just feels good to bitch about a problem you shouldnt be having. That is the Motivation plain and simple. and you should be allowed to bitch about a 7 day old truck that has that many problems.

6. TheEnder

TheEnder Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    4.7L V8
    Such a cute name, I feel bad that he couldn’t find a owner sooner but i’m very happy he found you. I just got a black cat named Max who was living under a burger king ordering sign. He’s extremely sweet. It seems to be a trait of male cats to be incredibly sweet, my female cat is a total meanie though :)

Sent from iPhone 10S Max

MoPowered and phoenixgenesys like this.