Just got the Pedal Commander!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I love mine as well. Sport +2 is what I run with my EcoDiesel.

jerboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500
Engine
I purchased a Roar pedal comander , I am looking forward to installing it in my 5.4. Got it for 159.00

jerboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500
Engine
What do you need to put in a 5.7 to get it to stay up with a 3.5 ford? I think the fords turn 14.6 stock in the 1/4 and i think our hemi rams turn around 16.5.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So are you saying if I turn it off or take it out?
Yes, it's like something is wrong when you get used to it and then take it out (like for a trip to the dealership).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Khalil1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
V6
Interesting thread!
What is the big deference that you have felt using the Pedal Commander? is it worth it?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Interesting thread!
What is the big deference that you have felt using the Pedal Commander? is it worth it?
It's very worth it. It removes the "digital" lag between stepping on the accelerator and moving. There are 36 incremental settings, you can find the one that suits you best.

maxiderm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Interesting thread!

I think so. I can't speak for the V8, but one of my only gripes about my 2018 Ram with the V6 was the lag time between stepping on the pedal versus actual acceleration. Yes, the Pedal Commander is a little pricey, but once you find the setting you like (which only takes a few minutes of driving), the truck is so much more responsive. It now feels like it should. It won't increase HP, but it drastically improves throttle response. And, like others have said, I've also noticed that it's considerably easier to maintain 70+ mph at a slightly inclined freeway.

Khalil1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
V6
I think so. I can't speak for the V8, but one of my only gripes about my 2018 Ram with the V6 was the lag time between stepping on the pedal versus actual acceleration. Yes, the Pedal Commander is a little pricey, but once you find the setting you like (which only takes a few minutes of driving), the truck is so much more responsive. It now feels like it should. It won't increase HP, but it drastically improves throttle response. And, like others have said, I've also noticed that it's considerably easier to maintain 70+ mph at a slightly inclined freeway.
Yea I have to agree that the throttle response is very laggy on the V6.
That iss why I think I might give the Pedal Commander a try, unless there is a better option to go with?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yea I have to agree that the throttle response is very laggy on the V6.
That iss why I think I might give the Pedal Commander a try, unless there is a better option to go with?
Some folks are using the far cheaper eBay option (throttle controller).

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Some folks are using the far cheaper eBay option (throttle controller).

You are playing with your gas pedal; "cheap" is not something I would purchase here, all you need is for it to be built by high schoolers on a budget and then have the thing go all WOT on you one day.

The only one I would purchase is "Sprint Booster", I believe they were the first and they are apparently very well engineered.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You are playing with your gas pedal; "cheap" is not something I would purchase here, all you need is for it to be built by high schoolers on a budget and then have the thing go all WOT on you one day.

The only one I would purchase is "Sprint Booster", I believe they were the first and they are apparently very well engineered.
Fair enough, I use a pedal commander that I bought for "cheap". Others bought the eBay version which they say works just fine. Knowing the Chinese, it's likely the same parts in a different wrapper...

Khalil1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
V6
Does this mod have any side effects on the truck in the short/long term?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Does this mod have any side effects on the truck in the short/long term?
No it does not. Pedal Commander does not reprogram anything.