Just got the Pedal Commander!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've been researching the banks pedal monster for$295, pricey but it sounds like it workes allot like the pedal commander but twice the price. It also boasts of leaving zero foot print. So besides price, anybody have any thoughts out comparisons on the banks version

The banks looks the best enginnered of them all. It includes a fail safe mode, if the device notices any errors it reverts back to stock pedal. It also powers itself over the obd2 port, whereas all the others power over the line voltage from the pedal sensor, and that is apparently NOT recommended, there is not enough buffer there in terms of electrical power. It can leave you with a dead gas pedal.

I see you guys purchasing cheap chinese crap off of ebay and I shudder. I hope you don't put your kids in those trucks.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The banks looks the best enginnered of them all. It includes a fail safe mode, if the device notices any errors it reverts back to stock pedal. It also powers itself over the obd2 port, whereas all the others power over the line voltage from the pedal sensor, and that is apparently NOT recommended, there is not enough buffer there in terms of electrical power. It can leave you with a dead gas pedal.

I see you guys purchasing cheap chinese crap off of ebay and I shudder. I hope you don't put your kids in those trucks.
I guarantee they are all made in China...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I guarantee they are all made in China...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

The banks pedal monster is not.

And it's not so much the "made", it's the "designed" that matters. Picking up some cheap/sketchy device off of ebay just to save $100 is asking for trouble. All of these devices (with the exception of banks pedal monster and sprint booster) have caused trouble for one or more guys running them. Check engine lights etc., that stuff is staying off my truck because it is slapped together and it may just ruin your life at some point.

alybry3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC DRW
Engine
I put the Banks Pedal Monster on yesterday. I did a lot of research before buying and now believe in Banks and his products. I still feel a little initial lag but then the power comes on strong. The power was there before but it's a little easier to get to now. I haven't towed yet with it but hoping I will see the improvement when pulling into traffic from a stop which has been my biggest gripe about this truck so far.

15 Handicap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blue Streak Pearl Coat 3.6
I put the Banks Pedal Monster on yesterday. I did a lot of research before buying and now believe in Banks and his products. I still feel a little initial lag but then the power comes on strong. The power was there before but it's a little easier to get to now. I haven't towed yet with it but hoping I will see the improvement when pulling into traffic from a stop which has been my biggest gripe about this truck so far.
It's not adjustable?

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
I've had the pedal commander for about 6 months and no issues at all. Just remember to not change the settings while you're on the accelerator, driving. Only change settings while stopped or parked with zero input from your foot on the pedal, that's where most people end up getting errors and engine codes etc. The instructions even tell you not to change on the fly.

I will be trading in my truck soon for a 2021 1500 Classic so I removed my pedal commander and will wait to reinstall it into the new truck and man, the accelerator in my current truck with the PC out is terrible! I have to put my foot to like 50% pedal travel to get it to move quickly at all, and it seems to want to hesitate and lag until I'm more than half way down to the floor I feel. With the PC in, it felt SO much better, and more like the older cable throttle vehicles felt, virtually instant acceleration, no lag, and when you did put your foot half way down to the floor it went like it was stolen, very quick and responsive.

I typically drove around with it in 'Sport' mode or sport -1 or -2 for normal driving to and from work and around town. Maybe sport +1 if I felt like being zippy lol. I tried Sport + mode (race track mode) and it was way too sensitive, if I panic accelerated from a stop at like a right turn into traffic I would almost do burnouts lol.

Great product, if you use it correctly.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Installed mine early this week. Since it occupies the OBD, it halted comms with the Uconnect app.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've had the pedal commander for about 6 months and no issues at all. Just remember to not change the settings while you're on the accelerator, driving. Only change settings while stopped or parked with zero input from your foot on the pedal, that's where most people end up getting errors and engine codes etc. The instructions even tell you not to change on the fly.

I will be trading in my truck soon for a 2021 1500 Classic so I removed my pedal commander and will wait to reinstall it into the new truck and man, the accelerator in my current truck with the PC out is terrible! I have to put my foot to like 50% pedal travel to get it to move quickly at all, and it seems to want to hesitate and lag until I'm more than half way down to the floor I feel. With the PC in, it felt SO much better, and more like the older cable throttle vehicles felt, virtually instant acceleration, no lag, and when you did put your foot half way down to the floor it went like it was stolen, very quick and responsive.

I typically drove around with it in 'Sport' mode or sport -1 or -2 for normal driving to and from work and around town. Maybe sport +1 if I felt like being zippy lol. I tried Sport + mode (race track mode) and it was way too sensitive, if I panic accelerated from a stop at like a right turn into traffic I would almost do burnouts lol.

Great product, if you use it correctly.

I was spinning the sneakers before pedal monster. lol!

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Installed mine early this week. Since it occupies the OBD, it halted comms with the Uconnect app.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean? How is uConnect impacted? Why would plugging into the OBD do that?

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean? How is uConnect impacted? Why would plugging into the OBD do that?

The pedal monster uses the OBD port to communicate. If the port is occupied, it disrupts the signal that Uconnect receives. Mine is saying last update 6 days ago. The time I received abd installed the the unit.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The pedal monster uses the OBD port to communicate. If the port is occupied, it disrupts the signal that Uconnect receives. Mine is saying last update 6 days ago. The time I received abd installed the the unit.

so the function of uconnect is not impacted, just updates from Ram? What if you use a splitter?