Just hit 375k miles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
Everyone of my Ram/RAMs have gone into the high mileage numbers. I now have a 19 Classic I REALLY like it but I have to say my 03 Hemi and my 08 4.7 were my favorite . The 08 was abase truck kinda wish I had kept it and not got the 19 but I WANTED the Hemi. Also still have my 03.

OP
OP

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whoa...didn’t realize ecodiesels were capable of so many miles! That’s pretty impressive...

Farmer888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow that's amazing. Im at 255,000 miles on a 03 hemi. I also do daily italian tune ups! and the engine just keeps going.

problem here is rust, I keep it well oil sprayed but eventually the rust still wins.

OP
OP

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically use good synthetic oil and run the **** out of it, though I can’t comment on automatic transmissions.

Forgot to mention my entire drivetrain (diffs/t-case/trans) have had nothing but Redline oil since the very beginning

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Basically use good synthetic oil and run the **** out of it, though I can’t comment on automatic transmissions.

Forgot to mention my entire drivetrain (diffs/t-case/trans) have had nothing but Redline oil since the very beginning

EDIT- didn’t realize you didnt include engine oil in that list lol

It sounds like RL makes some high-quality oils. Eagle hemi guys love the stuff in their engines, but sounds like they make pretty good oil for everything else as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
RL is great stuff...I use their motor oil exclusively in my weekend/toy cars (ctsv wagon & 635csi), but it’s just too expensive for a daily driver. Just be careful using it in a car that burns oil as it’s not supposed to be very catalytic-friendly with all the anti wear additives (zddp, moly, etc).

My ‘08 ram just uses whatever name brand synthetic I bought on clearance or sale. Current crankcase fill is Idemitsu 0w20. But with the relative infrequency of driveline oil changes, I try to use RL whenever possible.