Just not digging it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14RamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive started kicking around the idea of trading in my 2014 for a 2020 next year. I do prefer the exterior look of the 4th gen, but everything else about the 5th gen is incredible. Having driven both, I love the way the 5th gen rides, and the interior!

OP
OP
cbacarisse

cbacarisse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive started kicking around the idea of trading in my 2014 for a 2020 next year. I do prefer the exterior look of the 4th gen, but everything else about the 5th gen is incredible. Having driven both, I love the way the 5th gen rides, and the interior!

When I started this thread I was standing at the dealership looking at tons of really dirty trucks. None of them jumped out at me. Since then I have seen quite a few that I really like. I’ve decided when the 2020 comes out I’m going to get one with the multifunction tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good to hear. I had never been a Ram fan either until the 2019 model came out. I like the idea of the multifunction tailgate too. I'm sure you will enjoy it once you're driving it. I sure am.

When I started this thread I was standing at the dealership looking at tons of really dirty trucks. None of them jumped out at me. Since then I have seen quite a few that I really like. I’ve decided when the 2020 comes out I’m going to get one with the multifunction tailgate.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi

When I first seen this thread created, I chuckled a bit because I thought right there is a guy who is going to be buying a 5th Gen soon. ;) I believe I made a very similar post somewhere on this forum reflecting your original thoughts but damn, these new ones grow on you. Then you test drive one, start comparing exterior differences, find a line or two you like and it's game over. ;)

Good luck in your future search / purchase. Just do yourself a favor and get to know the options inside and out and what you are buying. On another forum and even some posts here, most of the "problem" threads are made by people who don't understand the options they bought, how the options work or assume that since they had a 4th gen., it should all be the same. Going in with strong product knowledge will make you a very happy buyer.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I always wanted a lowered RCSB and finally bought one way back when, I'll never get tired of looking at her!
IMG_20150905_094129_353.jpg

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I went from a 2017 Sport
0DDA8A09-449C-487D-9F23-B4F8CE9F33F3.jpeg

to a 2019 Bighorn Sport
93AD7A50-82D2-43E0-87A1-C02B8A061AA0.jpeg

Loved the 17 Sport but the 19 Bighorn is a better truck in so many ways... handling, interior, features, and yes even exterior styling once I dechromed it and touched up the decals.
I’ll always have a soft spot for the 4th gen looks! Ram got it right with that one. At first glance the 5th gen took some getting used to but if you tailor it just right, the 5th gens can look amazing. See above ;-)