Just ordered from Factory-8 weeks out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum and to the longest eight weeks of your life. I miss ottawa, used to live in upstate New York and went up there many times during the winter to see my team, the Senators, play. Awesome city.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It may come sooner than 8 weeks
If it is built in either Warren or Sterling Heights Michigan, it leaves the Assembly Plant & is taken to Ground Effects Ltd. to get any added accessories, then travels back to the assembly plant for Final Inspection,
Then it is trucked by car hauler up across the bridge in Sarnia & head to the dealerships along to yours. No trains involved.

4 X 4s may be built in Saltillo Mexico & they take longer than 8 weeks

Saltillo is where they build the Heavy Duty Rams & Vans

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It may come sooner than 8 weeks
If it is built in either Warren or Sterling Heights Michigan, it leaves the Assembly Plant & is taken to Ground Effects Ltd. to get any added accessories, then travels back to the assembly plant for Final Inspection,
If he ordered a Classic it will be built at Warren Truck, Gen5 bodies come out of SHAP. A lot of add on accessories go through the Mopar Custom Shop, I've seen both DS and DT bodies there.
https://moparinsiders.com/inside-mopars-custom-shop-at-sterling-heights-assembly/

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That must be something fairly new, like in the last year or two
I have to wonder if that part of the process is also run by Line-X

Ground Effects Ltd. in Warren Mich. is owned by Line-X & some partners

https://www.gfxltd.com/

They also do the SSV vehicles
https://gfxlaw.com/vehicles/ram1500/

Last edited:
OP
OP
ottfire

ottfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
Don't think I got a lot of accessories. I did NOT get the smokers package, the all terrain package, sunroof or the Rambox system. What I did get, which is the main reason I needed to order from Factory, was the 6 person seating configuration. The front bench seat. I understand the buckets are nicer looking but I needed to be able to have 6 in the truck. Thankfully they will be small people. The additional seating is for my kids friends when we go camping.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. The 6 person seating has the same drivers and passenger seat as the 5 person. Difference is centre console vs centre seat/ fold down console. I actually prefer the extra knee room you get with the centre seat vs the console.

R242

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome, post pics inside and out when you get it!