Just Ordered Ram Classic in Robin Egg Blue - Questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Propman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered a 2019 Single Cab Tradesman in a low volume color- Robin Egg Blue. I have a VON number but the dealer says they wait until there are 10 orders in a low volume paint color and then build them all. They also told me that last year one of their customer ordered a low volume color and then 16 weeks later the factory canceled the order because not enough trucks were ordered in that color.

Does anyone here have any experience with an order like this? I would hate to wait until June and then have my order cancelled.

Thanks

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Saltillo plant has always required 10 minimum, and warren requires 5. It’s a big deal to change out the low volume color line. If I were you, I would set a certain period of time to wait, then go to the dealer and ask them where Saltillo stands with that color (they can find out exactly the total number of orders). Make your decision then, but with the color you chose, have a backup color picked out.

BabeTheBigBlueHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was in the staging lots last winter, and they definitely had a good number of fleet trucks in Robin Egg Blue. You should be fine.

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last year I ordered single cab Tradesman with a low volume color, waited 5 months, and ended up changing the order to a regular color. Altogether I waited 8 months.

Rugged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Must be a carolina fan. I see a fair number of light blue vehicles here in raleigh. No trucks though. Good luck I love the low volume colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Sigh I’ve wanted this color since I first saw it, but I’m only at 45k miles... So unless my truck takes a severe dump all of a sudden I’ll have to wait... Hopefully this color will come back when I’m ready!

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just looked that color up, hopefully the pics don't do it justice. I'm a Tarheel fan, but that looks ugly. Though I did see hydro blue in person, and liked it.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i dont know why they would require a certain amount of vehicles in that color because vehicles dont run down the assembly line in color cordination, its totally random on where the vehicle is going

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i dont know why they would require a certain amount of vehicles in that color because vehicles dont run down the assembly line in color cordination, its totally random on where the vehicle is going

Money........what's easier...to paint 1 that color and then switch all the paint equipment over to another color, or paint 100 that color before switching ?

it's an assembly line that does many of the same things at once......not a custom shop that does one at a time.

Yes, you may have many mixed colors coming down the line for assembly, but at the paint factory, they do many of the same color before changing colors....simply a more efficient method of doing things, and more efficient means less costly.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Money........what's easier...to paint 1 that color and then switch all the paint equipment over to another color, or paint 100 that color before switching ?

it's an assembly line that does many of the same things at once......not a custom shop that does one at a time.

Yes, you may have many mixed colors coming down the line for assembly, but at the paint factory, they do many of the same color before changing colors....simply a more efficient method of doing things, and more efficient means less costly.

i wasnt asking a question, i was making a statement. i know for a fact they dont run color batches down the assembly line thats why it doesnt make sense why they need a certain number of vehicles in that color to run it

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They don’t assemble in color batches, but they most certainly do paint in color batches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
They don’t assemble in color batches, but they most certainly do paint in color batches

The factory does run batches of colors, especially the specialty colors. Right now there is a big batch of Ignition Orange trucks in the factory holding lots. I've seen the same for the electric blue, lime green, etc.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the vehicles dont have to be run in color batches is what im saying, they can switch colors from one vehicle to the next with no interruptions. they run periodic "BUZZ" colors all the time. "BUZZ" colors is a factory term for these odd ball colors. i could see 1 or 2 buzz colors all day,so i know they're not run in batches

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Someone actually orders that color on purpose?

The color name sounds **** AF but the color itself with blacked out accents and wheels looks bad AF too!