Just ordered rough country 4” lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. (hope I didn't just jinx myself LOL) I bought my truck 5 years ago. I bought it used, with a rough country 4" lift already installed. It gets daily driven during the week (40 miles round trip, to and from work), and used on our small farm on the weekends. It definitely gets used, but not abused, and I have had absolutely zero issues with the RC lift.

truckfront.jpg

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yes I do !
Look up Rust on new Ram trucks !
I’m sure you will find pictures and complaints on here. I’ve read it and seen pictures of the axles and front end components that have superficial surface rust because of lousy e-coatings from the suppliers ! Not a big deal, but all metal parts are coated terrible from the factory. They don’t really worry about it lasting Long !
Surface rust on a component designed to handle it, and rust-through to the point of being structurally un-sound after a single year of limited use due to choosing poor materials to build **** lifts for as cheap as possible, and adding a crappy top powder coat without removing the mill scale from the steel or adding a primer coat because it’s cheaper to do it that way is NOT the same thing.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have had absolutely zero issues with the RC lift.
*zero issues that you’re AWARE of. Depending on where you’re located, I would be willing to put money on the fact that there is rust on the components. Also, a lot of their issues are by design. You don’t have any idea how much better your truck would ride with a proper suspension. Finally, a customer looking to purchase a RC lift does so because they’re cheap, so it stands to reason that they’re also looking to have it installed as cheaply as possible. This often manifests itself in parts wearing out prematurely due to ****** installation by a less than competent shop or tech. Spring perches being installed upside down, track bars not lengthened properly, bolts not torqued to spec, etc.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
................ You don’t have any idea how much better your truck would ride with a proper suspension...............

Just curious; What's not "proper" about the RC lifts?
Just looking around a little bit, it looks like RC, as well as just about every other lift manufacturer, use the same approach to lifting the front of the 1500 rams.
1: drop the front dif and lower control arms with new crossmembers.
2: add strut spacers.
3: use longer knuckles.

Is it just a parts quality issue?

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
*zero issues that you’re AWARE of. Depending on where you’re located, I would be willing to put money on the fact that there is rust on the components. Also, a lot of their issues are by design. You don’t have any idea how much better your truck would ride with a proper suspension. Finally, a customer looking to purchase a RC lift does so because they’re cheap, so it stands to reason that they’re also looking to have it installed as cheaply as possible. This often manifests itself in parts wearing out prematurely due to ****** installation by a less than competent shop or tech. Spring perches being installed upside down, track bars not lengthened properly, bolts not torqued to spec, etc.

I resemble that remark [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebelrouser

Reaction score
Ram Year
'22 Ram 1500 GT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So in your "professional" opinion, what kit would you recommend to lift a 1500 Ram 3" other than RC? I'm looking to have one installed in the spring. I do have the capabilities to do the installation myself and send it for a wheel alignment afterwards. Thanks......

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Real men dont pay to get lift kits installed.:devilfinger: Specially someone in Berta !

and that 3" RC kit isn't a lift kit. Its Just ****** pucks.

A real lift kit will have new Steering Knuckles ect... and even then you still have to fork out more money for proper control arms as the factory ones are trash.

Im also in AB if you need a hand throwing on a lift kit on a weekend.

Last edited:

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So in your "professional" opinion, what kit would you recommend to lift a 1500 Ram 3" other than RC? I'm looking to have one installed in the spring. I do have the capabilities to do the installation myself and send it for a wheel alignment afterwards. Thanks......
My experience does not extend down to the 1500, it mainly covers the heavy duties. RC's brand reputation is across all platforms and is uniformly considered to be cheap and barely acceptable.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. (hope I didn't just jinx myself LOL) I bought my truck 5 years ago. I bought it used, with a rough country 4" lift already installed. It gets daily driven during the week (40 miles round trip, to and from work), and used on our small farm on the weekends. It definitely gets used, but not abused, and I have had absolutely zero issues with the RC lift.

View attachment 245876
thats a really sharp truck.